Spyder Garage

Default What items will interchange from RT Limited to F3 limited

I'm having hard to fitting my current 2019 RTL being 6' tall. I am thinking of selling it or trading it in and losing some cloths in the process with the trade. I do have a question though, If i sell the bike i sell it as is with all the goodies BUT if i go to trade it i want to take off any aftermarket pieces that will fit a 2017/2018 or newer F3 Limited.

Currently my question is will the Arkapovic exhaust on the RTL work on the F3 Limited?
    Baharon Sway bar and links?
    Lamonster Belt tensioner?

Will these higher priced items switch to the F3 limited, I mean if i trade the dealer is already going to get the Triaxis bars but i know those want fit the F3 unless i go through the trouble again of putting the stock bars back on and selling the triaxis bars outright but that is some work.

I know i have read here somewhere in a post (unless i dreamed it) that an upgrade for the F3 would be an RT swaybar for cheaper money so maybe on on right track. Also i think i seen a Youtube video where a F3 exhaust was put on RT but dont know how much if any modifications were done. What is yawls professional opinions on this?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I "think" the exhaust will work but not 100% sure. The BajaRon sway bar and LaMonster belt tensioner will work just fine. The RT and F3 swaybars are the same. It wouldn't do any good to swap the RT bar to the F3. Rumor has it the 2020+ RT sway bars are different than the 2010-2019 sway bars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I "think" the exhaust will work but not 100% sure. The BajaRon sway bar and LaMonster belt tensioner will work just fine. The RT and F3 swaybars are the same. It wouldn't do any good to swap the RT bar to the F3. Rumor has it the 2020+ RT sway bars are different than the 2010-2019 sway bars.
    The rumor is wrong as sway bars are the same (info from a CanAm rep). I installed my Ron bar from my 2015 F3 to my 2020 RT.
    Not sure on the tensioner as I had to mod the bracket to install the 2015 BRP tensioner onto our 2014 RT. Since I had issues with the durability of the tensioner wheel I have since not used them.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The F3 Bajaron bar is not the same as the RT Bajaron bar. The F3 bar is smaller still better than the oem RT bar but not as good as the Bajaron RT bar.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

CopperSpyder, Your take on the Swaybar, are you saying it want fit from an RT to the F3 because the bar is bigger in thickness? Bigger is better right, or is there some mounting issue on F3 with thick sway bar? Or are you saying the length from end to end is different?

Spyder Garage

Sammie, unless you are the one that will do all the work to take the parts off and replace them with the original parts (if you still have them) and sell them to get a little money back. I don't think there is anything you will want to or would crossover to the F3. Maybe you will find an F3 with all the goodies you want all ready on it. Cup holder?
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    The F3 Bajaron bar is not the same as the RT Bajaron bar. The F3 bar is smaller still better than the oem RT bar but not as good as the Bajaron RT bar.
    The Bajaron bar from the RT fits the F3 and visa versa as I have the same bar on both.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    The Bajaron bar from the RT fits the F3 and visa versa as I have the same bar on both.
    They fit but they are not the same. The Bajaron F3 bar is a little smaller a round than the Bajaron RT bar. One bar is made for the F3 and one for the RT its a technical reason because the RT is heaver & wider so the RT bar might be to much for the F3 in a technical sense. The F3 Bajaron bar is still better than the RT oem bar. Its like on the RT OEM is good, F3 bajaron bar is better, and the RT Bajaron bar is best. On the F3 just get the Bajaron F3 bar for the best.
    Last edited by CopperSpyder; 09-08-2020 at 05:43 PM.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

CopperSpyder, yea, i do all my own work as its hard for me to trust anyone with my or my wifes life. I have done all the work on all my vehicles i have had since i was 20 and im 52 now. Turning a wrench is my hobby, I just turn them a little slower now.

Spyder Garage

I'm wanting to go from a 2019 RTL to an F3. I know the 2020 RTL are basically the same setup as F3 but any know about the old style RT to the F3. Just done want to get wrong impression that i dont appreciate the knowledge but i currently have a 2019 RTL and want to swap to a F3.

Spyder Garage

Well if you do your own work then you could make a few extra dollars by removing some of the parts and selling them. If you sell or trade the bike some or most of the parts will not bring you and extra money if you leave them on. Good luck with what ever you decide to do. If this is your first Spyder I would say just ride it till next year get sometime on it this fall, best time of the year. Live to Ride, Ride to Live.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    I'm wanting to go from a 2019 RTL to an F3. I know the 2020 RTL are basically the same setup as F3 but any know about the old style RT to the F3. Just done want to get wrong impression that i dont appreciate the knowledge but i currently have a 2019 RTL and want to swap to a F3.
    I put the stock 2015 RT swaybar on my wifes F3 and it fits fine, but you do need the split blocks from the RT for it to fit as the F3 bar is smaller in diameter. I did measure the stock RT bar and the F3 Ron bar diameter and they are the same.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I put the stock 2015 RT swaybar on my wifes F3 and it fits fine, but you do need the split blocks from the RT for it to fit as the F3 bar is smaller in diameter. I did measure the stock RT bar and the F3 Ron bar diameter and they are the same.
    Yes OEM RT bar and Bajaron F3 bar same dia. but different material Bajaron is stronger.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Yes OEM RT bar and Bajaron F3 bar same dia. but different material Bajaron is stronger.
    I agree 100%

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Diameter is only one of the factors involved in how well sway bars work, so they can be exactly the same diameter, but still not work quite the same!

The point that a few people are trying to get across PW, is that while an OEM RT sway bar IS an upgrade on an F3, a BajaRon F3 Bar is MORE of an upgrade, and the BajaRon F3 Bar is actually designed specifically to do the job properly.

The flip side of this is that putting a BajaRon RT Bar on an F3 is going to be over-kill, and it's NOT a great idea to go too heavy with an 'anti-roll bar', cos the suspension & steering of any vehicle needs SOME roll & weight transfer in order for it to work properly - take too much of that roll & weight transfer out by installing a 'heavier/stronger than necessary' anti-sway bar and you can quite rapidly end up in a real 'oh ****' situation that (speaking from hard learned experience! ) is pretty difficult to avoid & even harder to recover from without becoming one with the scenery!

Sammie, I don't think I'd be alone in STRONGLY suggesting that you or anyone SHOULD NOT either fit or advise anyone else to fit a BajaRon RT Bar onto an F3!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Peter,

I am happy it worked so well on my F3, but if Ron states that you should not then you should not.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue