Spyder Garage

Default How do you get on your F3 limited

Sounds like a stupid question right! Heres the deal, i have limited use of my ankles (paralyzed in my youth years), i currently have an 2019 RTL fully loaded, Triaxis bars, 'modified' BRP Comfort seat, Arkapovic exhaust, etc and i just step on one floor board and across the seat to the other. But on F3 the floor boards are forward reach so that is not possible. My Harley i could stand on ground and just swing my leg over but the F3 is only 4 inches shorter seat hight than the RTL and i dont see being able to stand on ground and swinging my leg over the RT seat and 4 inches wouldnt change that. I am 6' with 32 in seam so im not vertically challenged . I miss that cruiser feel and like a few here will probably lose my shirt switching new for new but i was just wondering how some board the F3. I got on one in the dealership and i know the sales guy probably thought i was mentally challenged as i stepped on the passenger pegs, swung leg over to other passenger peg then fell down into drivers seat. i didnt want to try and swing my leg over as i would have probably had to ask my wife to grab my leg and help. I'm sure the dealership kept that video recording.

Anyhow, as the title suggest, how do you F3 Limited owners board your bikes? Did you have to purchase aftermarket full floor boards before you were able to successfully board the bike as it seemed you knew what you were doing?

Spyder Garage

My wife has had both hips replaced.I put on Lamonsters 3rd peg for her. It works great for her cause now she just steps up on it and can get her leg over the seat.
    Dave....

2016 Red/Black F3T w/ Audio
    Bajha Ron Swaybar, BRP driving lights
    F4 Windshield, Ultimate Tallboy Seat
    BRP Passenger Backrest
    Custom Dynamics fender lights
    Tricled Rear Bag lights w/ Flashing Brake Modulator
    Wolo Horn, Lamonster's Bungee Buttons
    Spyderpops Bumper Skid

Spyder Garage

I mount from the left (facing forward) of the bike. I put left foot on the passenger footboard. Step up, swing my right leg over the back (front works also...but you need to be careful not to scuff body work), place right leg on passenger floorboard, step forward onto the driver footboards and take a seat.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    I mount from the left (facing forward) of the bike. I put left foot on the passenger footboard. Step up, swing my right leg over the back (front works also...but you need to be careful not to scuff body work), place right leg on passenger floorboard, step forward onto the driver footboards and take a seat.
    I mount my F3 Limited in the same matter.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I just stand on the the ground and swing my leg over my F3-L, Sammie......which is why I don’t fit on an RT...
    Seriously though, a lot of riders swear by Lamonster’s “third peg” mounting, like MNBK above

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I made my own middle peg using the clevis for a Harley and a peg of choice. See photo. I added a link to the clevices I used, but I cut the barrel shorter, so it wouldn't stick out so far. Mounting it where I did gets it up a few inches higher than Lamont's. That's a big help for me.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrome-Rear...gAAOSwBahU3GoC

DSCN2692.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

My very first mod when I purchased my 2016 F3L was the Lamonster third peg. I use this to mount and dis-mount from my bike.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for the reply. Maybe I didn't look as foolish as I thought when I used all floorboards when I sat on a f3 at the dealership. Seems if I manage to get one I will need to get the third pegs or floorboards since I'm not tall enough to swinging my leg over like Peteoz. Now I just need to sell my RTL or loose my shirt one.

Spyder Garage

I have the third pegs. But if money is not an Issue. Pierre from can am spyder accessories has full floorboards for all F3 models. They replace the factory ones. I think there about $450.00. I would love to have them.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I mount my F 3 like ARTraveler and EX Rocket The passenger floor boards are higher then the driver floor boards so you don t have to lift your leg so high and scuff the bike.

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

With my knees, mounting on a peg (1st or 3rd) is out of the question. I stand on the floor close to the bike, and swing my right leg back & up until I grab it with my right hand then over the seat and backrest, knee down and release. I have only pegs on front & rear. My 3rd peg made from a BMX axle peg is seen in the pic. Details @ the page in my signature. 6 feet 34 inseam.
    pegleft.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey