Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT vs. 2020 RT LIMITED

Other than the $4,000 sticker price, what is the difference between the 2020 RT and the 2020 RT Limited. I know that the RT does NOT come with the back trunk and seat back ($2k from BRP) and no heated seats. Anything else? I made the mistake of letting my wife drive my new 2020 RTL and now she wants one to replace her 2010 RT.
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Following...
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The Limited has (over the base model): heated grips, heated seats, trunk (plust the 2 extra speakers that goes along with that) and auto leveling suspension. I asked the same question a few months ago. I'm guessing you could add most of this for less than the difference between the 2 if you're handing and could wire up the heated grips and auto leveling suspension. The trunk is plug n play so if you could find one cheap, that would just be a matter of removing the rear panel and plugging in the trunk. You'd obviously have to buy the heated seats.

My next bike will probably be an F3T/L but if I were to find a smoking deal on a new RT, I'd buy the base model and add the heated grips. (I don't need the rest.)

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

HAGO!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

BRP website $1K difference, RT has heated driver grips only

https://can-am.brp.com/content/dam/c...e-us-final.pdf
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

You have an RTL and are thinking of getting a less expensive RT for your wife? IMO, the very best four grand you could ever spend is to buy her one like yours. And a really smart guy would let her add a few farkles that you don't have..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Yepm what Jim said.

Spyder Garage

Yup what they all said!!!! If she's driving her own bike and you don't keep her happy! Happy wife, Happy life!!! JUST DO IT It's your fault you let her straddle it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Over the long-haul, a few thousand dollars isn't much. And it only hurts once.
    If you're intent on saving money, give her yours and buy the cheaper one for yourself, but in my opinion, it's false economy.

As always, my free advice comes with a double your money back guarantee.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    It's your fault you let her straddle it!!!
    Sometimes, the jokes just write themselves.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    You have an RTL and are thinking of getting a less expensive RT for your wife? IMO, the very best four grand you could ever spend is to buy her one like yours. And a really smart guy would let her add a few farkles that you don't have..... Jim
    Very very good advice. Happy wife, happy life.

The $4K difference is trunk, chrome, gps, and heated seats. It used to be that it cost more to add them later. And every Spyder needs some extra farkles, because you can, and you make it yours. I have over $1K on my F3L.

I went F3L a 2019 model. Okay for me, but not as spiffy (accessory wise), as the RTL.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canamjhb View Post
    Actually, the less expensive part is HER idea. She is not into "things" (God Bless Her! ) While we never use the heated seats on mine, I'm glad the 2020 RT has the heated grips, because we do find that those come in handy once in a while. I really don't have any farkles on my new 2020 except the Garmin Zumo XT and she prefers her Waze on her iPhone on a Ram mount. I am replacing my windshield with an F4 Custom, because of the wind noise, but she says it doesn't bother her that much when she test rides mine. Bottom Line: I have a great wife. Her current RT is over 10 years old and we are debating either a $1000 of maintenance (minor, cosmetic, & tires, etc.) items or to just buy her a new RT. With the $2000 rebate BRP is offering, plus her trade-in, plus adding the rear trunk and backrest ($2k), we can still save a few grand off of the RTL. Plus, she may not want to drive mine as much!

I am concerned over how "touchy" the BRP Connect Bluetooth is when playing music from our iPhones. I BELEIVE that the RT also does not have the LED rope of lights across the front and I already miss the fog lights on my RTL. We also have a bunch of farkle LED turn signals from Custom Dynamics on her fenders and mudflaps (that I miss more than she does. I used to have a 2011 RTL farkled exactly the same.) She doesn't really care all that much as long as she can go "VROOOOM!"
    Paul "Wingman" Metheney
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited

2020 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Fer sure get the add on nose light! I know it's pricey but completely plug n play and actually makes a difference!