Spyder Garage

Default EZ oil valve drains

Any one with experience on this valve drain? There are adapters that also can fit on either side of the actual drain for better fitment and drainage. As there is no application for the CAN AM Spyder ( 2012 RTL SE5) I am wondering if any one has used these and has part #s etc. I can take my current drain plugs out and do the measurements for length and thread pitch for both oil tank and crankcase but if anyone has the info for the 998 that'd be suhweeet..

https://www.ezoilchangevalve.com/sto..._Products.html

Thanks Dave
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Hi Dave,
    The ones I've seen would stick down below the skid plate/ plastic panels-------- just waiting for some obstruction to ruin your life. Gold plugs or the like are hex headed and work great.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lew L View Post
    Hi Dave,
    The ones I've seen would stick down below the skid plate/ plastic panels-------- just waiting for some obstruction to ruin your life. Gold plugs or the like are hex headed and work great.
    Lew L
    , I looked at them also and decided if the valve hit something, it would be very, very Expensive to repair ..... not worth the anxiety ...................Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm not sure what gold plugs are but yes ...there is a hose one could attach that would eliminate the the sticking out issue...however ...I appreciate the input and still am interested just needing someone whose has experience . I believe its gimmicky but still like the idea. Dave
    2012 RTL 14 RTS , Pearl White @ Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Heed the advice of Mike and Lew.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

Gold plug link......
    https://goldplug.com/shop/mp18/
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

There are chances a rock could flip the lever, or the plug itself could be struck. Not worth the chance of ruining the engine.

johnv
    USMC RETIRED

BLUE KNIGHTS NYV

2022 F3T Glacier Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    I'm not sure what gold plugs are but yes ...there is a hose one could attach that would eliminate the the sticking out issue...however ...I appreciate the input and still am interested just needing someone whose has experience . I believe its gimmicky but still like the idea. Dave
    I have to differ. The drain plugs for the 1330 engine are on the bottom of the pan, not the side.
    If they were on the side like their website shows, you'd be correct.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by davev1pa View Post
    The sticking out issue is because the EZ Drain plug is exterior of the engine case. The OEM plugs have only a bolt head outside of the case, much less projection. Also, one of the OEM plugs is a double O ring plug. You can't just take it out and replace it with the EZ with a short thread on it. When you change oil you must drain it from both plugs.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

This issue has arisen several times in the six years I've been following SL. The negative responses, with which I agree, have all been the same. If you can find a plug thread match you could always be the first, but if something goes wrong don't blame us.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Bad idea for the engine crank case for reasons listed above. Would work fine on the oil reservoir.

What I don't like about these valves is that they greatly restrict flow, which reduces velocity and volume, which will tend to leave more contaminants behind. They are, however, very convenient.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 09-07-2020 at 10:56 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...