Spyder Garage

Default 12V docking station with usb

The previous owner of my 2016 F3-S had a usb docking station installed at the usual location at the 4 bolts that hold the handlebars to the bike.
    It is ok, but I want to add a 12v cigarette station for my Dash Cam which I mount on the inside of my windshield.
    SpyderExtras makes a combo 12v USB docking station which is a very easy install, but does anyone know if I can just remove the single usb station and install the combo directly to the battery.
    They show the install of the combo station to the customer acc. port under the left access panel.
    Thought, suggestions?
    Rotax

Spyder Garage

Call spyderextras Tuesday. They are VERY helpful and will send you in the right direction. Great people..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rotax View Post
    The previous owner of my 2016 F3-S had a usb docking station installed at the usual location at the 4 bolts that hold the handlebars to the bike.
    It is ok, but I want to add a 12v cigarette station for my Dash Cam which I mount on the inside of my windshield.
    SpyderExtras makes a combo 12v USB docking station which is a very easy install, but does anyone know if I can just remove the single usb station and install the combo directly to the battery.
    They show the install of the combo station to the customer acc. port under the left access panel.
    Thought, suggestions?
    Rotax
    Be cautious of Spyder Extra powerports or electrical items. I got a new Spyder Extras powerport setup and did not install it based on the inability of the setup to be water resistant. While shopping for a better setup, I was shown failed Spyder Extras Powerports so be aware and cautious.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Call spyderextras Tuesday. They are VERY helpful and will send you in the right direction. Great people..

Their past record does not indicate them be good at all.

Spyder Garage

I've had glowing success. Even on items I've bought used. I have also been using their USB/12V powerport for 13 months/7k miles without issue. And, yes, I have ridden in plenty of rain. YMMV

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

One can mount a "lighter" socket connected to the ACC/USER circuit under the left service cover. Simple matter to feed your power supply end to your camera through the vents on either side of the glove box. that's where my power supply for my XM radio goes. I store the radio unit in the glove box when in use. When not in use, I just leave the connector looped over a vent brace. One can put as many cords / lighter adapters as needed. I have another with an end for my GoPro 7 which gets mounted on the peak of the upper dash when in use. All well hidden all the time which fits my minimalist theme.

power-supply.jpgGoPro.jpg
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 09-09-2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: added info
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey