Spyder Garage

Default suspension fault ???

Once again I must defer to you peoples expert advice (and I thank you for it ) but twice when I have taken my wife for a ride , we have gotten a suspension fault and then that kittle exclamation point appears, the first time I stopped and did a walk around and I did not see anything out of place but i did sniff that hot rubber smell (!!) but we continued on home and I looked in the manual (which tells u nothing). It was okay then or so it seemed. Then yesterday we went for a ride of about 70 miles and just before we got home the same thing appeared but I finished coming home same again no apparent issues but the hot rubber smell was present (??) again I looked in the manuals but nothing to tell me what suspension fault means. We have a 2019 F3 Limited with about 2300 miles on it. Any ideas as to what this is ?? (oh and neither of us are in the heavyweight division)

Spyder Garage

Next time it happens you go into the menus and get the active fault codes. From that someone can look it up and give you more detail.

It has come up a lot lately that the ride hiegth sensor is disconnected. It's on the left, connected to the swing arm. Take a closer look there.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The rubber smell maybe from the Cat close to the rear tire and or crap being picked up off the road and laying on the CAT.

Seems a lot have noticed the burning rubber smell. Mine smell went away when I removed my CAT. Should not hurt anything if you continue to smell it.

Spyder Garage

How is it riding, dose it seem to be bottoming out on bumps? One of the first things I would do is what Billy suggested check to make sure you arm is connected to the leveling switch on the left rear of the bike, it hooks to you swingarm and go's to a switch on the bike frame!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

It's still under factory warranty, visit your dealership.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

It needs to be adjusted. Some did not connect the leaver right and some did not even connect it.
    4" Stubby antenna, Dual arm LEDs Fender LEDs, Back Rest, Luggage Rack, Run, Brake and Strobe for top case, Mirror LEDs,Back Off decal on mud flap, reciptal for Battery Tender and Heated Gear, mirror LEDs that stay on or work with blinkers, GPS, side bag red LEDs, Top cuff with Ram Ball phone holder And USB power, Top cuff with drink holder and passenger cup holder. Also grilles in front of radiators, also spyclops. Garmin 595 GPS, Freedom windshield. Also glove box console And trunk wrap in carbon fiber from wrap my spyder. BRP comfort seat. added garage opener with rocker switch in center console to match other switches. And I have added Elka stage 2 shocks.
    15 rt , yes Black

Spyder Garage

Check the inside of your rear fender and see if the tire has been rubbing .
    2019 f3-s , Blue

Spyder Garage

hello, i have the same problem . i just have a new spyder f3 L from last saturday . It happens twice on the highway when i road above 120 km/hour. I stopped for 5 minutes , turn the ignition of and the warning went away. Later that evening i drove with my son and it happened again only above 120/km hour .
    Yesterday i drove 200 km alone and it did not happen . but i don't hear a pump sucking air or anything .
    to check the system , do you have to remove the 2 side panels ? and does it hurt to the mashine to drive
    i want to look first myself because my dealer is 150 km away and opens only from tuesday .
    sorry for my bad english

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pierewiet View Post
    hello, i have the same problem . i just have a new spyder f3 L from last saturday . It happens twice on the highway when i road above 120 km/hour. I stopped for 5 minutes , turn the ignition of and the warning went away. Later that evening i drove with my son and it happened again only above 120/km hour .
    Yesterday i drove 200 km alone and it did not happen . but i don't hear a pump sucking air or anything .
    to check the system , do you have to remove the 2 side panels ? and does it hurt to the mashine to drive
    i want to look first myself because my dealer is 150 km away and opens only from tuesday .
    sorry for my bad english
    Go up to the rear of the bike on the left side, on your hands and knee's, follow the left side of the a arm from the axel up and you should run into a tab welded on the top with a nut insert in the back, it should have a arm bolted to it, that go's up to a box! If it's hooked up then you have a different problem, if it's not hooked up do it, that's a metric thread on that insert, and when you put a bolt in it you may have to hold the back with plyers! If that's all hooked up and the compressors not working then check fuses and connections for looseness! Good luck!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

today my dealer is open ,i called him and 30 minutes later they picked up my new canam , normally in 1 week all will be repared . everything under waranty

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pierewiet View Post
    today my dealer is open ,i called him and 30 minutes later they picked up my new canam , normally in 1 week all will be repared . everything under waranty
    What did the dealer do to fix it?

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

when i hear more , i tell you
    but today it just went back to the shop