Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I don't know who at BRP signed off on the F3L saddle because that bolster that curves around to the sides is restricting and uncomfortable. A real PITA. So I knew I was going to have to change that. When I saw photos of the Ultimate and comments guys posted here and that it is one piece, I sprung for one a forum member was selling. The 2 piece design was frustrating, to say the least. Now I have rapid access to what's under the saddle - nice. Te bun warmer is nice on these cool days too.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I bought my 1st Can Am Spyder around the 1st of the year. Currently riding a new 2018 RT Limited. I've been on 2 wheels most of my life and I always thought of myself as a fairly aggressive rider but always had that low side fear in the back of my brain. Of course, with the RT, there's no possibility of a low side. The more I ride (I know, it's supposed to be spelled rYde ), the more aggressive I want to ride. I want to take the curves faster and faster. For the last few months, I've been seriously considering trading my RT in for an F3T/L but haven't had the opportunity to test ride one yet. I've had offers but they never quite pan out. Sometimes it's due to my schedule, sometimes not.

Anyway, every F3 rider I've listened to has said they handle better than an RT at least partly due to sitting slightly lower in the bike (as opposed to ON the bike like my RT). I love my RT. I've added a few hundred dollars worth of "stuff" (mostly lights) to my RT and since I just bought it (and the fact that it was a new 2018), it's financially stupid to trade it in. I already know there are about $1500 worth of stuff I'd feel the need to buy as soon as I bought an F3 ("real" windscreen, backrest, Pierres floorboards (since Lamont doesn't seem to sell the RIP boards any longer), fog lights and fender lights). I'll loose what I paid for the extras on my RT. My payments will be higher (I got a pretty decent deal on my RT), too.

I guess I'm just rambling, thinking about whether I should do this.

HAGO!
    So Monk - I am there with you! I have had a 14 RT and a 16 F3T that I made dark as at the time they didn't make the dark version. Have had many 2 wheel BMW's and my heart keeps going back to CanAm Spyder F3L. With the amount of leftover 2020's it really is a buyers market. I found a F3L Magme Red Dark (even though it looks orange to me) in Arkansas for $19,495. That is a $5k savings. I do have to register it in Texas, so no taxes were added just the Doc fees of $129, Freight fees of $599 and Prep fee of $399. So out the door around $20,500. They were my 6th dealer that finally gave me the price I was willing to pay. Getting real close to pulling the purse strings and getting back to riding a Spyder!!

I still think you sit higher on the RT unlike the F3T (L) which you sit down in the motorcycle like a 2 wheel. I love the way the F3 handles in the curves and for me the fit is perfect. Also, the ability to adjust the footrest at different positions which is great as my husband is 6' 3" and I am 5'7". Not that I am going to let him ride it much, but it is the thought that counts. So you might want to see what is out there and what kind of deal they will give you. It doesn't hurt to see if the $$ part works out as well. Afterall, you are under no obligation other than time spent.

Just curious won't some of the lights you added go from the RT to the F3T(L)? My experience trading in bikes is normally they don't give you what you paid for the extras and rather have it more like stock.
    Anyways good luck with your decision, but I vote that you at least see what is out there and what they will give you for your bike. You never know.....