Spyder Garage

Default 2008 Can Am Spyder Fleetliner Saddlebags mounting info wanted?

I have recently purchased a set of used Fleetliner Saddlbags for my 2008 Can Am Spyder RS, and am needing mounting instructions. I also have all of the hardware, but am confused on what goes where?? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    hager-spider@comcast.net
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

the bags should have had some instructions if they will even fit that model?

more information please
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-06-2020 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Fixed text display

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

I agree, that they should have had instructions, but I bought them from an individual, and did not receive the instructions with the bags. They look like they will fit, but just not sure how to attach the mounting brackets. I did read one post that said the tail lights need to be relocated, but not sure how to do that either. All of that information is probably included in the instructions. I will send pictures as soon as I get the left one back from the painter on sunday. They were grey (or silver), and I had them painted red to match my Spyder.
    2009 Red RS SE, red LED custom night lighting, red LED brake strips in back, unusual stereo fairing with 2/4" speakers,2/5" speakers and subwoofer in frunk, radio that has power outputs for cell phone and GPS, with GPS installed,4 inch risers, ultimate midrider seat with ostrich inlays, and spyder logo, heated hand grips, up and out mirror extensions, smoothspyder backrest, Seal floorboards, and maybe some stuff that I have not discovered yet.

Spyder Garage

Understandable & Additionally are they Corbin fleetliner bags?

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

The Fleetliner saddlebags came from Corbin. They were the "cats meow" back in 08 and 09. Made the Givi's look like second place. I never went for the extra $2500 for a set...I thought the $1000 for the Givi's was bad enough.

You may be able to look in the Corbin archives and get a set of the mounting instructions for the Fleetliners. Good luck in your hunt.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-06-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I know the turn signals get relocated to the bags or the mounts and set in a protected slot on the back of the bag
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

go on the Corbin website. they have the instruction under the notes tab. I just installed the brackets this weekend. quite simple if you follow the instruction. they also have suggestion for the exhaust mount

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ITALO View Post
    go on the Corbin website. they have the instruction under the notes tab. I just installed the brackets this weekend. quite simple if you follow the instruction. they also have suggestion for the exhaust mount
    Thank you. After much searching, I did finally find the notes tab on one website, but it only shows the exhaust mounting instructions. Getting ready now to take the skins off the back of my spyder, and see it that will get me any closer to figuring this out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hager-spider View Post
    Thank you. After much searching, I did finally find the notes tab on one website, but it only shows the exhaust mounting instructions. Getting ready now to take the skins off the back of my spyder, and see it that will get me any closer to figuring this out.
    Well, after removing the skins on the right side, everything was fingered out pretty quickly. Just going to take some time to get it all put together.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hager-spider View Post
    Well, after removing the skins on the right side, everything was fingered out pretty quickly. Just going to take some time to get it all put together.
    Thank you for the update.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thank you for the update.
    And thanks to all who helped me on this site.