Spyder Garage

Default RLS Triple Threat - Fantastic sound behind, but ear-splittingly loud for ryder?

Need some advice folks. 2019 F3 Limited, added a slip-on Triple Threat Exhaust. Love it. No problems. Previously had a Harley with racing pipes. Watched a lot of vids on RLS cat delete, and purchased and installed, including the baffle. Fantastic sound, but ear-splitting loud! Weird thing is, the sound is not out the pipes behind me, but blasts me in the seated position. I use earplugs (have tried four different types), excellent helmet speakers with my Sena, but took my first ride yesterday for about 4 hours and ended up with ringing ears and splitting headache.
    Anyone had the same experience with the RLS? Hate to sell it after one week, (amazing low growl) but can't think of anything else. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I put the RLS cat delete and Crusher muffler on my 2019 RTL, and couldn't drive it because it was too loud. Took the cat delete off, and put the cat back on. The sound is great now! I don't think the stock cat is as restrictive as the stock muffler, and the combination runs really well.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sledman View Post
    I put the RLS cat delete and Crusher muffler on my 2019 RTL, and couldn't drive it because it was too loud. Took the cat delete off, and put the cat back on. The sound is great now! I don't think the stock cat is as restrictive as the stock muffler, and the combination runs really well.
    You doing grass or asphalt with that sled in your avatar??
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Asphalt. It was an 800 triple and ran 9.20s at 4200 ft. elevation.

Spyder Garage

I would check for exhaust leaks at front and rear cat delete connections. The front gasket may be damaged or rear connection not lined up exactly right. I did delete on and off twice and both times could feel leak at back(clamp)connection. Just had to loosen and realign a couple times to get it sealed.Seems an overly fussy hook up for what it looks like.

Spyder Garage

Think the sound is being redirected by the windscreen?
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue