Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR (CPS) CPS Location The CPS is located on the lower engine crankcase half, on the LH side of the engine.

Very Active Member mastertek2000's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    CRANKSHAFT POSITION SENSOR (CPS) CPS Location The CPS is located on the lower engine crankcase half, on the LH side of the engine.
    Do you mean left sitting on it or looking at is

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    Do you mean left sitting on it or looking at is
    Correct left side sitting. From the picture in the manual it looks to be under the engine about the middle of where you see the side of the engine. Lower crankcase half.

Spyder Garage

Ok found it located at the bottom of the crank what’s should the homs be if you Homs it if it like all other CPS air should be 550-750 Homs

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mastertek2000 View Post
    Ok found it located at the bottom of the crank what’s should the homs be if you Homs it if it like all other CPS air should be 550-750 Homs
    FWIW, and I may be wrong, that sensor is likely a Hall Effect or similar sensor. Been dealing with similar on another project. A friend that designed electronic ignitions for race engines explained those type sensors 99.99999% of the time either work fine or fail. He also explained that in hundreds he sold on the race ignitions, only 1 failed intermittently and required troubleshooting with a heat gun to induce the failure.

My advice, and others here had them fail also, just replace it, they have the track record to indicate very likely the problem.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ohms-

Make sure sensor connector is fully inserted. Measure resistance from connector: ECMA-H1 to CPS-1 (expected value: < 2 ohms). Measure resistance from connector: ECMA-K2 to CPS-2 (expected value: < 2 ohms).

I have heard of the camshaft sensor failing dont think I have heard of a crankshaft sensor failing.

But its possible.

Spyder Garage

I did a shearch on this site and seen a few 2014 having them replace thanks for the info

Spyder Garage

Ok well got new crank sensor in and it tested just like the old on .985 ohms so I did not install it ended up ready the bike apart some more and said what the heck check plugs installed new plugs she fired up runs like a charm thank you all for the help

Spyder Garage

Good for you!!!!!!! Change the wires while you were there??? Glad you got it!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just wondering how did the spark plugs look and only 10k miles? The plugs were bad?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Good for you!!!!!!! Change the wires while you were there??? Glad you got it!!!
    No wires on a 1330; individual coils on each plug. Another advantage over the V-twins.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

looked good just gas fouled

Spyder Garage

so it was gas the whole time after all? I replaced mine at 25k on my 2014 just for grins they still looked good but I had stuff off it already while I was doing my shock adjusters and sway bar. There's new gas stations here in Austin called QPS and they sell ethanol free gas but only regular, I had my chip flashed so Im stuck with premium only they say. Will we ever get off ethanol? Glad you got it running.
    2012 RT A&C bought new 42312 sold July 2018 56k miles currently driving a 2014 RTSE6 LTD bought October 2018 w 6800 miles nicely farkled
    2014 RT SE6 LTD , White