Spyder Garage

Default Alignment

Looking to get a laser alignment on our 2017 RT, I think there’s a shop in Martinsville,In, anyone know anything about it?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-03-2020 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Title clarification

Spyder Garage

That shop in Martinsville, IN was "Flatout Motorsports." Flatout also had several Indy locations - and they consolidated all their Indy Locations into one large location on the north east side of Indy (82nd Street and I69 area). Around the same time I69 construction in Martinsville took out the shop there. It's a big flat field right now in prep for an I69 overpass.

For what it's worth - I had an alignment done at the Martinsville store and they were great. I wouldn't send an enemy to the new Fishers Store. Rude, poor sales tactics, no faith in their service department. Good luck in your search. While certainly a lot further north than Martinsville, have you tried Maximum Powersports in Peru, IN?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update,did the alignment make much difference on you Spyder? Nearest dealer to us now is Clinton Co. Motorsports in Wilmington,OH.

Spyder Garage

We did it on a 2009 Spyder GS. While I felt like it made a bit of difference, I didn't feel like it was "oh my gosh, I'm so glad I did it" kinda change. We haven't done it on any Spyder since then - haven't felt the need really.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Maybe I need to give some time, been on 2 wheels for 50 years on Spyder 400 miles, tires seem to be wearing even.

Spyder Garage

This link gives you the list of Rolo laser alignment dealers in IN.
    http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersind.htm
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jkoons View Post
    Maybe I need to give some time, been on 2 wheels for 50 years on Spyder 400 miles, tires seem to be wearing even.
    What symptoms lead you to the Alignment idea? The tighter you grip the bars the more you'll feel like it's unstable.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    This link gives you the list of Rolo laser alignment dealers in IN.
    http://www.spydercomfort.com/dealersind.htm

That list is outdated since that Flatout in Martinsville doesn't exist any longer. See previous posts.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Just need to make friends with it I guess.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    That shop in Martinsville, IN was "Flatout Motorsports." Flatout also had several Indy locations - and they consolidated all their Indy Locations into one large location on the north east side of Indy (82nd Street and I69 area). Around the same time I69 construction in Martinsville took out the shop there. It's a big flat field right now in prep for an I69 overpass.

For what it's worth - I had an alignment done at the Martinsville store and they were great. I wouldn't send an enemy to the new Fishers Store. Rude, poor sales tactics, no faith in their service department. Good luck in your search. While certainly a lot further north than Martinsville, have you tried Maximum Powersports in Peru, IN?
    I've been thinking about making an appointment with them as it would make for a nice 300 mile round trip, are they good?
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoSpyder View Post
    I've been thinking about making an appointment with them as it would make for a nice 300 mile round trip, are they good?
    I abandoned dealers a long time ago - unless it's warranty work or warranty impacting - I do it all myself - if I don't know how - I learn. That said, living in Indianapolis, if there is warranty work or something that requires the BUDS - It's worth my time to go up to Maximum. They are amazing. They are a sponsor dealer for the North Central Indiana US Spyder Ryders Group and a sponsor dealer for the Indy 3s group. Dreyer Honda in Indianapolis is the Sponsor dealer for the Brickyard Chapter of US Spyder Ryders and their sales guy Josh is amazing - but they just don't have the experience yet service wise that Maximum does.

If you need a dealer - and don't have one you trust near by - I'd definitely recommend the trip to Maximum.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

We did it on a 2009 Spyder GS. While I felt like it made a bit of difference, I didn't feel like it was "oh my gosh, I'm so glad I did it" kinda change. We haven't done it on any Spyder since then - haven't felt the need really.
    Every one's experience is different depending on how bad your bike was out! That being said, maybe yours wasn't that bad, but you should find that your grip should be looser and you should not be fighting the bike to keep it on line in the road! And maybe you'll find that your tires will maybe wear a little less!! My take on this laser alignment is that I feel that the factory should take a little more time and get it right at the factory, but they don't, and like a lot of things with BRP, we are left holding the bag! And I feel that because of the factory not doing there job, all certified Can-am mechanics, or shops should have the tools to do the job and we shouldn't have to find theses far and few shops that can do it! Have a good day, I'll get off the soap box!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

That list is outdated since that Flatout in Martinsville doesn't exist any longer. See previous posts.
    I just posted it to show all the dealers that do alignments. Yes, one never knows the last time a list is updated.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S