Spyder Garage

Default How To adjust the floor boards on a 2019 F3 Limited

I would like to move the floorboards to a lengthier position and get my legs a little farther out. Is it only required that you loosen the clamps and slide them forward or does it require a new brake rod ?? What do I need to be aware of to do it correctly and maintain integrity ?? Appreciate your comments !!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RonandChris View Post
    ...... Is it only required that you loosen the clamps and slide them forward or does it require a new brake rod ?? ......

Here, fixed it for you Ronand ".... It only requires that you loosen the clamps and slide them forward AND it requires a new brake rod?? ....."
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

but if you think the brake pedal is somewhat too high and requires you to raise your foot in order to apply the brakes, Lamonster Garage makes a brake rod for whatever position you decide on that lowers the brake pedal some. I have it on my F3 Limited

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I want to reposition my floorboards. I have a 2019 F3 Limited and I loosened the screws on the the floorboard (not the brake side) but cannot move the flloorboards. Am I doing something wrong or is there another screw that needs to be loosened??? Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebelle View Post
    I want to reposition my floorboards. I have a 2019 F3 Limited and I loosened the screws on the the floorboard (not the brake side) but cannot move the flloorboards. Am I doing something wrong or is there another screw that needs to be loosened??? Thanks
    There are (5) holes on the back side of each frame tube. The collar/clamp has a locating pin that goes in one of those holes. You'll need to remove the collar/clamp to relocate it. (Once you remove it, you'll see the locating pin.) So, remove the collar, move it to whichever position/hole you want, put the pin in the hole and clamp it back down.

Spyder Garage

Thanks, I finally figured it out....but thank you for the info....it was exactly as you had replied.

Spyder Garage

One thing I'll add - when I purchased a new brake rod, I went through the whole process, and made sure to purchase a new tube of blue threadlocker & reapplying it to all the old hardware during the install. Only after I was all done did I discover that the new brake rod also came with brand-new hardware, including pre-applied threadlocker Not a big deal, but figured worth mentioning.
    Motorcycle rider since 2011, Spyder owner since 2019
    BMW Service Manager/Advisor - 2011 to 2014
    Independent Automotive Repair Service Writer - 2014 to 2018
    Small Engine Repair Shop Manager - 2018 to 2019
    2019 F3 , Black