Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default September Weather News

Welcome to September 1, 2020. This month is going to be a good one for sure. Give us your weather and thoughts about how you feel about your local area weather.
    The next chapter is starting, so join us for the month of news.

Here in Indiana we have been seeing signs for an early Fall. Hopefully we will have the cooler temperatures.

Today's high will be only 84°F and cloudy. A 50% chance of Rain. We need the rain here in Indiana, been very dry.

Ryde Safe and Enjoy your Ryde Time. .......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Okay...I'll start out. Low 70's last night. Showers this AM. Cloudy and still 70's with more chances of rain.

We are going to ride anyway. Thanks to radar weather maps.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Here in Mesa, AZ we are having a little cooler weather for a few days with highs getting only to about 105. Lows at night are in the mid 80s. But starting Friday we are forecast to warm back up to 110 with lows in the high 80s. GRRRRRRRRR..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Here in Vermont the temps have been getting cooler during the days, and evenings. Highs in the 70's during the day. Also, 40's and 50's at night.

It feels like fall,and some of the trees have started to show some of there color.

( off-topic) There has been a lot out-of state cars on the road lately. Since Vermont still has some very some low covid -19 cases.

Back on topic : This week we might get some rain.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The temps for the next 7-10 days, in Northern/Central California is going to be hotter than normal and a ride I have planned for the weekend in the Sierras, after Labor Day weekend, would take me into another new fire. Smokey at home and smokey or hot almost anywhere I go.

E11C18B4-1749-4C55-97E8-204BEC6E152A.jpg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Temp this afternoon in Northern Nevada 87 degrees.
    Wind is blowing all the forest fire smoke further to the north.
    Rode for 2 hours right before sunset.
    It was a great day.
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Planning on doing some riding today, 80’s in the Hills. Some colors are starting to appear. One thing I don’t like about fall is fewer hours of daylight to ride in.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Yes, on the fewer hours. Went for our ride last night at 6:30 PM. Tried a new (to us) road and did a big circle in a new (to us) area. Did not get back until 9:00 PM. It was pitch dark by then. We watched carefully for deer, but did not see any for the ride. The particular area we tried was like driving on Highway #1 up by Ely, MN. Narrow road and pine trees on both sides. Have not encountered that before here in Arkansas.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Up here in the Lower Mainland of Western Canada we are losing some leaves off the trees, getting the odd overnight shower and daytime temperatures in the mid 70’s. The high forecast for the weekend and early next week are in the mid to high 80’s. and by 9 pm it is headlight time.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

It was 80 F when the sun came up this morning. Heat index right now is 102. Usually starts cooling off some by September, but not this year. Thunder Boomers almost every afternoon too.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Speaking of leaves, if we were in Alaska, the leaves would be in full color now and waiting for that first big windstorm. Then, poof, they are gone. Most years we were there, September 15 was late for leaves. And them comes the first snow.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Perfect day for a ride to Deadwood. It was in the 80’s once we got into Boulder Canyon. Could see the brown haze of smoke out to the west from the fires, then could smell it later tonight here in Rapid.
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Well, just sitting around inside & looking out at the bright sunshine & blue skies here in South Oz, you could easily be fooled into thinking it's a great day for a ryde (& it was when I went out just after dawn this morning! )

But step outside now & you'll get slammed by the full force of the gale force winds that've blown straight thru everything between here & the South Pole and you'll rapidly change your mind!! The BoM told us to expect 'Clearing showers & a high of 15°C' today, and we've scored all that, only also with these Gale force winds blowing straight off the Glaciers of the Antarctic Continent soo bloody hard that any possibility of rain was simply blown right on past us... (you'll probably see our 'clearing showers' & a few hats & umbrellas blowing past any moment now - or maybe they're already well past you lot?! ) Besides, it's too bloody cold to rain atm!!

Even more importantly tho, apart from the odd exception, my early morning rydes are getting warmer & earlier again; I'm not having to layer up quite so much & I haven't been mistaken for the Michelin Man or an escaped Goodyear Blimp all week!! Now that our Southern Hemisphere Spring is officially here, the birds are nesting, bees are buzzing, lambs are gambolling, and all those other 'Spring' things are happening as they do; and the days are getting longer and the sun is getting warmer, but not too hot just yet - so now is a great time to be out Spyder Ryding! So I am doing that, at every opportunity! Just not this arvo!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-03-2020 at 01:23 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Sunny Day

Well, just another sunny day in good ole Indiana. Yesterday was a good ryde day.
    Today's high will be 84°F and some clouds. Ryde when you can and enjoy your day. ......

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Well, just sitting around inside & looking out at the bright sunshine & blue skies here in South Oz, you could easily be fooled into thinking it's a great day for a ryde (& it was when I went out just after dawn this morning! )

But step outside now & you'll get slammed by the full force of the gale force winds that've blown straight thru everything between here & the South Pole and you'll rapidly change your mind!! The BoM told us to expect 'Clearing showers & a high of 15°C' today, and we've scored all that, only also with these Gale force winds blowing straight off the Glaciers of the Antarctic Continent soo bloody hard that any possibility of rain was simply blown right on past us... (you'll probably see our 'clearing showers' & a few hats & umbrellas blowing past any moment now - or maybe they're already well past you lot?! ) Besides, it's too bloody cold to rain atm!!

Even more importantly tho, apart from the odd exception, my early morning rydes are getting warmer & earlier again; I'm not having to layer up quite so much & I haven't been mistaken for the Michelin Man or an escaped Goodyear Blimp all week!! Now that our Southern Hemisphere Spring is officially here, the birds are nesting, bees are buzzing, lambs are gambolling, and all those other 'Spring' things are happening as they do; and the days are getting longer and the sun is getting warmer, but not too hot just yet - so now is a great time to be out Spyder Ryding! So I am doing that, at every opportunity! Just not this arvo!
    I can relate to your comments about being dressed up like the Michelin Man. That was my cold weather gear too. I was one of the latest to ride as well as one of the earliest in my part of Alaska. Most "bikers" would park their bikes on September 30 and start waking them up on May 1.

I am happy that I can now ride 365 days a year. Only had a dusting of snow twice last year...gone in a few hours. I did not ride those days though.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Friday

There is a little chill in the air this morning, but going to be a great day.
    Today's high will be only 74°F with some sun, low in the mid 50s.
    Enjoy your Ryde Time and Stay Safe. .......

Spyder Garage

Probably politically incorrect but looks like it’s “Indian Summer” this weekend. Mid nineties today, over a hundred tomorrow , then back to nineties Sunday. Then freeze Monday night / Tuesday morning. The garden will probably be done. Highs in the 70’s after that. Good riding weather.

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpyder View Post
    Probably politically incorrect but looks like it’s “Indian Summer” this weekend. Mid nineties today, over a hundred tomorrow , then back to nineties Sunday. Then freeze Monday night / Tuesday morning. The garden will probably be done. Highs in the 70’s after that. Good riding weather.
    Not yet about the PC, IMO.

We did the Badlands National Park in November one year. Had the whole place to ourselves.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Altho hot in the afternoons the weather is starting to moderate here in Utah. The leaves are starting to change in some canyons, but the colors will be pretty light due to the draught this year. This is a good time to visit as most of the crowds are gone but the parks are getting ready to put on their fall splendor and many amenities are still open, resort prices are going down and the heat is far more bearable with jackets needed higher up, or early in the morning.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Weather looks good sunny for the next 4 days temps about 80 for a high lows about 60. Hope everyone enjoys their Labor day weekend.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Default Weekend Weather PLUS

Weather People have been saying something about a little rain all week but nothing yet. Now the rain may come on Labor Day.
    Today only 79°F with sunshine, Saturday 78°F with some clouds. Sunday 80°F and sunny.
    Enjoy your Weekend and Stay Safe. ......

Spyder Garage

It was 114 yesterday. The forecast was for 111 today but it was already 112 at noon! Going to be another 115+ day. Maybe a little cooler next week. Sure hope so. This is getting ridiculous. We are now close to 60 days of temperatures above 110 for the season..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Over 100 here today, but should have snow on Monday night. Yeah, no really...

Screen Shot 2020-09-05 at 7.16.55 PM.jpg

Spyder Garage

First cool night in a while. Comfortable 55* with a high around 82* - nice.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Spyder Garage

We have been hovering in the 80-90 range during the day...but not considered a heat wave here. Beautiful sunny skies.

Supposed to get a cooling trend Tuesday on...time will tell.

2020 F3L , Magma Red