Spyder Garage

Default Looking for F3 - after comparison/feedback on F3/RT comfort?

HI all, i had an RT but was not comfortable for me even after adding an ultimate seat. I know the seating is different in the F3 and am looking at getting one. Have any of you ridden an F3 for several hours? Is it comfortable? Can anyone here give feedback who have had both RT and F3?
    I live in south florida so most of my riding may be local but also want to be able to take it down to the keys or daytona which is about 4 hours. When i had the RT, i was uncomfortable after about one hour of riding.

Spyder Garage

Yes Sir, I have owned 2 RT Limited Editions and now I have a F3 Limited edition! The F3 Limited is a better handling Spyder, and you can adjust your leg positions! My RT Limited Spyders both made my hip get out of joint,
    causing pain while riding! Sometimes i even had problems getting my right foot up and on the brake pedal to stop! As to answer your question, you will receive answers that some people feel more comfortable on each the RT and F3! I personally have to ride a F3 dues to my hip, but the passenger seat is not as comfortable on the F3 as it is on the RT! The driver's seat on the F3 is comfortable and I can ride all day with some rest stops along the way! By the way I am 76 years old!

Spyder Garage

I also have owned 2 RTS in the past and I always felt cramped and felt like I was sitting on the bike. I'm 6'2" with long legs with pant inseam of 35 inches. I switched to the F3 Limited and love the bike. I not only don't feel cramped but I also now feel like I'm part of the bike and fit in the bike. I have the floorboards adjusted to position #5 and can ride all day now with no problems

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I found the stock seat to be a pain in the butt, literally. Went to an Ultimate - much mo bettah!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

RT is like sitting at your kitchen table from the short test ride I took. F3 is a bit more laid back.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Drdarren View Post
    HI all, i had an RT but was not comfortable for me even after adding an ultimate seat. I know the seating is different in the F3 and am looking at getting one. Have any of you ridden an F3 for several hours? Is it comfortable? Can anyone here give feedback who have had both RT and F3?
    I live in south florida so most of my riding may be local but also want to be able to take it down to the keys or daytona which is about 4 hours. When i had the RT, i was uncomfortable after about one hour of riding.
    Understanding that the 2019 and prior RT series is a bit cramped for you, understand there are various F3 series, but adding to that, and not sure if it is a viable option, the latest RT series, beginning with the 2020 model has many owners mentioning the Spyder is too big and have needed handlebars and controls adjusted to fit a shorter person.

Spyder Garage

that is great. thanks for all the feedback. i def want to give the f3 a try then.

Spyder Garage

F3 utilizes what is called a U-fit system. You can get footboard and handlebars to fit your specific measurements. See catalog and hopefully your salesperson will be familiar with it.

Two different seating positions. RT's are more like GoldWing seating. I say they ride like sitting on a couch. F3's are more cruiser seating. You sit IN it rather than ON it. I have one of each, and now prefer the F3 ride the best.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red