Spyder Garage

Default Is there a stiffer rear spring for the ST?

hello is there a stiffer rear spring for the st. it would be nice to stiffen the rear up for to up riding not alot comes up for the st in a search

Spyder Garage

Default Low Cost Spring Replacement

Take a look at this thread for changing the rear spring to higher rate.
    This may be my winter project.

Note: this write up is for the 2 spring rear shock used on the early Spyders.
    Nonetheless, If I can find a 950 lbs single spring of the right length this will be a project for my ST.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...Bcost%2Bspring

Thanks for the Original post by Warlock and Spacetiger:

Rear Shock Mod (spring change out) 2018
    A few weeks ago I posted about my rear shock not very strong and really didn't see spending $600 , low end aftermarket shock. After talking with one member here I took the plunge and ordered a spring form Jegs. Now this mod I have done is for the Spyders than has the 2 spring set up for the rear shock. Jerry aka Spacetiger, recommended a spring from jegs and this is the one I ordered http://www.jegs.com/i/Eibach/369/0400.2250900/10002/-1 . After removing the shock I used 2 racket straps to remove the top cap that holds the spring on. Be sure to set your shock on the softest setting before taking it apart. Once removed I had to dress up both ends of the spring in order for it to seat in the spacer cap and upper cap. Installed back on the bike and couldn't believe the difference in the ride. Now I can ride 2 up with no problem. I adjusted it 1 position up from the softest setting. With me and the wife we go around 430 lbs and bike handles great and no bottom out. Will probably send my old spring to Jerry to test it just to see what our stock springs are showing. I was a little concerned ordering the 900 lb spring, but Jerry's recommend 900 lbs was spot on. Mod less than $80.00 and works great. If any issues comes up I will post what happens. Don't see that happening. Forgot to mention that it took me 4 straps to put it back together. The new is a lot stiffer.
    Original post by Warlock
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

thank you for the reply yea this would be a good winter project, if you find a spring please post

Spyder Garage

anybody locate a proper replacement for this Eibach part as they are no longer available anywhere??? SOOOOOO want to do this mod it ain't even funny, but cannot, for the life of me, locate an "in-stock" coil. Jeg's has fD me 2x on it now (once direct from their store, and once from their fleaBay store)
    2009 GS , MSD wires Red/Black