Spyder Garage

Default BajaRon F3 anti-sway bar

I just put on the BajaRon F3 anti-sway bar on my 2016 F3Limited yesterday. I rode my usual 40 mile commute this morning and all I can say is WOW.
    If you have been waiting to get one don't wait anymore. I've had my F3L for 3 years and this has to be the best change I have made.
    Thanks BajaRon.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by RNBOB View Post
    I just put on the BajaRon F3 anti-sway bar on my 2016 F3Limited yesterday. I rode my usual 40 mile commute this morning and all I can say is WOW.
    If you have been waiting to get one don't wait anymore. I've had my F3L for 3 years and this has to be the best change I have made.
    Thanks BajaRon.
    Ya wanna play, you gotta pay. Yep, an excellent modification.
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I am new to riding the Spyder. I have a 2017 F3 Limited, just tagged yesterday and have only ridden it 2 days. What is the change you are noticing when you put the new sway bars on? I am noticing a little wiggle in the front end, like tires following the groves in the road. Not sure if it is me or the tires or the sway bar. Bike only has 2280 miles on it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We are also new Spyder owners, and it does take some getting used to.

I put the BajaRon anti-sway bar on about two weeks after getting the Spyder. It is a 2013 STS SM5, but the handling changes should be
    about the same. I felt the body roll in corners was excessive, so after reading posts I bought the anti-sway bar. The handling difference is
    substantial. The lean in corners is gone, the Spyder feels more sure footed (wheeled?) in corners now. I didn't really notice any difference
    in ride quality, maybe a little more resistant to wind pressure on the road.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

If you still have the checkerboard tread Kendas up front, it will wander and follow ridges. A change to nearly ANY fronts will fix that. I run Toyo Proxes t 185/55-15 up front and this bike is non wandering & glued to the direction in which you turn the bars. You will not be sorry you got Ron's bars for sure. Plus the Toyos increases the fun factor by about 4!
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Thank you for the help.
    Would you change the size from 165/55r15 to the 185s??
    Last edited by Tmag; 10-07-2020 at 12:04 PM. Reason: additional question

Spyder Garage

Yes. To use the toyo 185 (or any fatter tires) you need to shim your fenders toward the bike using 3/8" lock washers at the bolts stacked 2 deep as shown. Make sure your wires are all as far as you can get them toward the bike and away from under the fenders. Real easy to do.

fender brace.jpg

Spyder Garage
    Last edited by Rattlebars; 10-07-2020 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added info

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tmag View Post
    Thank you for the help.
    Would you change the size from 165/55r15 to the 185s??
    I have 165/60-15 Vredestein Quatrac 5 on the fronts and am having a 205/65-15 Vredestein Q5 mounted on the rear next week. With the Bajaron anti sway bar on and the new front tires it holds the road and rides much better. I'm hoping the new rear will make more improvements. After 3 years all stock its amazing how much improvement you can get.
    Bob

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    Yes. To use the toyo 185 (or any fatter tires) you need to shim your fenders toward the bike using 3/8" lock washers at the bolts stacked 2 deep as shown. Make sure your wires are all as far as you can get them toward the bike and away from under the fenders. Real easy to do.

fender brace.jpg
    Do you have any concerns about the wheel being able to safely manage the wider, 185 vs 165, tire? And is the bead retention the same on the Spyder as it would
    be on a automotive wheel? I know motorcycle wheels and automotive wheels have different bead retention profiles.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Do you have any concerns about the wheel being able to safely manage the wider, 185 vs 165, tire? And is the bead retention the same on the Spyder as it would
    be on a automotive wheel? I know motorcycle wheels and automotive wheels have different bead retention profiles.
    Both the stock wheels and tires are car type, not motorcycle. There is no problem. The only problem you would have is if you tried to mount a motorcycle tire on the stock wheels. Tires have a wheel width range that works. The 185 will not have a problem on the stock wheel. This is the size I am running.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-07-2020 at 04:46 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Both the stock wheels and tires are car type, not motorcycle. There is no problem. The only problem you would have is if you tried to mount a motorcycle tire on the stock wheels. Tires have a wheel width range that works. The 185 will not have a problem on the stock wheel. This is the size I am running.
    Wonderful news to hear. I had concerns because the tires are labeled "For Special Motorcycle Use Only".
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Wonderful news to hear. I had concerns because the tires are labeled "For Special Motorcycle Use Only".
    The only reason they say this is to keep someone from putting them on a car. Not only are they much too light duty to handle the weight of a car. But their poor construction design and quality would be a very dangerous combination on anything that weighed much more then our Spyders. I think it also helps bring people back to BRP for tires as they think they can't put car tires on the OEM wheels.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you ever so much for the helpful information. I may have to go tire shopping.
    Peggy and Howard

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rattlebars View Post
    I have 165/55/15 Federal 595 EVOs. The handling is much sharper and ride smoother. 1 wheel didnt even need balance weight.its a v-rated tire also. Now i have a BajaRon swaybar, but 1st shop quote of $750 to install it was ridiculous for a '17 F3S. Hopefully I can find a decent shop to take care of it.Screenshot_20201007-203935_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20201007-203911_Photos.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    I have 165/55/15 Federal 595 EVOs. The handling is much sharper and ride smoother. 1 wheel didnt even need balance weight.its a v-rated tire also. Now i have a BajaRon swaybar, but 1st shop quote of $750 to install it was ridiculous for a '17 F3S. Hopefully I can find a decent shop to take care of it.Screenshot_20201007-203935_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20201007-203911_Photos.jpg
    That is a pretty ridiculous amount for a sway bar install. Not to mention that the F3 is one or the easiest bar installs of any Spyder. When they quote you a price like this, they are actually telling you that they don't want to do the job at all. Usually, because they don't know how to do the job. Instead of getting a better job for the extra money. It's usually worse. Sometimes incredibly worse.

You should not have to pay any more then $150.00 for the install.

Spyder Garage

So the swaybar thread turned into a tire thread. I have over 17,000 miles on my 2015 F3. Stock swaybar. I still can't come to terms that changing one steel bar for another one will do one iota of difference.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    So the swaybar thread turned into a tire thread. I have over 17,000 miles on my 2015 F3. Stock swaybar. I still can't come to terms that changing one steel bar for another one will do one iota of difference.
    If you only corner at slow to moderate speeds, you won't see much difference, although it's there. But ride more spiritedly and you can't help but feel the difference.
    It most definitely do make a difference. If you're not a gearhead, you probably don't understand why but, when it comes to anti-sway bars, bigger is most definitely better.
    Peggy and Howard