Spyder Garage

Default Is the first service really needed to be done by the dealer?

At 3000 miles I put the RT up on my lift and did everything required by the 3000 mile requirement. And being anal about maintenance on ALL my vehicles and feeling I've done a better job than the dealer could possibly do, it is necessary for them to do it?

Spyder Garage

I don't think so but keep all your records. If you have a problem while under warranty you may need to prove the maintenance was done.
    2011 rt , pearl white

Spyder Garage

It may require BUDS to update any software or check for fault codes. Not a bad idea to let the dealership do the first one.

Cruzr Joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

with CJ. First service by dealer who has BUDS. Beyond that, and taking into account your mechanical prowess, if you do the service yourself, keep good records.

on your new Spyder.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No, however there are a number of assembly issues that should be checked to confirm tightness and proper adjustment after the first 3000 miles.

Spyder Garage

Yes it should be done by dealer. I had mine done and the Factory over torq one of the panel bolts and stripped it out. They of coars replaced it. Panel a lone was $500 for part only plus labor . IF I did or some one else did the first oil change they would have said I striped it and no warranty. Plus just a thought the dealer around me hooks up BUDS ever time it goes in for service, to see if any updates need to be downloaded to it

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gom View Post
    Yes it should be done by dealer. I had mine done and the Factory over torq one of the panel bolts and stripped it out. They of coars replaced it. Panel a lone was $500 for part only plus labor . IF I did or some one else did the first oil change they would have said I striped it and no warranty. Plus just a thought the dealer around me hooks up BUDS ever time it goes in for service, to see if any updates need to be downloaded to it
    In that case you would know it before you got very far along, actually before you did anything and could carry it to the dealer.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

I didn't take my '16RT to the dealer for anything until 12k miles, and then all they did was the inspection and minor things on the check list. I told them not to change the oil/filter or air filter because I had just done it myself. I did like that they readjusted all of the cables for the storage compartments.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White