Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Can-Am Ryker Electric Prototype

BRP is not talking about it but show a picture of it (just looks like a Ryker from outside) when they announced the 2020 lineup

Thoughts????
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Pics? Links?

They've been teasing us for years with 'supposed' prototypes of electric &/or hybrid Spyders, only not one of them seems to have ever made it much beyond the 'engineering prototype' stage... and even those that've got that far have been few & far between, despite all the media hype & publicity shots.

TBH, I'm beginning to think that these things get pulled out every year at the same sorta time (juust another old chestnut ) when it pops up again on someone at BRP's 'list of things to do' whenever they think they're losing the public's attention - only, just like happened to the kid who cried 'Wolf' too often, everyone who's already heard the repeated stories about electric bikes before (maybe 13 or even more times already!! ) has been trained thru repetition to simply ignore them, consigning this particular 'fluff piece' to the bin as the 'furphy' it's proven to be sooo many times before!!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-30-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://ir.brp.com/news-releases/news...epts-club-brp/

could not fine the 2020 lineup one I saw but did find the 2019 - same info - on right hand side you can see the Ryker electric prototype.

I agree with what you said above.
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

It will happen, when, well only the shadow knows!!! They have electric race cars, and bikes out there, it's only time they will hang the carrot out for us! Miles between charges are going to be there biggest problem in my book and how do you have to charge them, and where! Then can they make one we can afford?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When interest wanes, the motorcycle magicians get busy to stimulate that waning interest, as Peter mentioned. So the engineers stay busy and it adds a dollar or two to the next motorcycle. How's that HD LiveWire doing at almost $30K starting price?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wouldn't want an EV however a hybrid would be great.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I wouldn't want an EV however a hybrid would be great.
    I agree - need engine sound
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

I am believing it when I am seeing it.

Pictures and fake prototypes just do not do it for me.

Based on other models, I see this in the $40K range. It needs to go 300 miles on a charge to be viable.

Their early version (green and white fake prototype) was talked about on here, but never heard anything for real about it.

It did make a nice April fool joke, perpetrated by me, that went for a couple days.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red