Spyder Garage

Default Battery Tie Down 2014

Ok, what am I missing?

I removed the battery in our 2014 RT-L to wire in an add-on fuse panel but I can't seem to find how the battery tie down attaches to the frame/body. I have looked with a mirror and see nowhere the clips/tabs attach...any advise is appreciated.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited (hers)
    2010 Voyager (also hers but only as a passenger)

Spyder Garage

When you removed the battery your first step should have been to release the rubber latch strap from its hook at the bottom of the chassis directly beneath the battery. The next thing you should have done is lift the metal battery holder that fits across the top of the battery and actually holds the battery in its niche and pull it forward to remove it. You will notice the battery holder has two metal tabs on the rearward edge that fit into slots in the upper back wall of the battery niche. Then you lift out the battery. If you didn't have to do that, you are missing some parts from her Spyder. Reinstall the battery in reverse order of above.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I never could get the tabs to line up, or see where they were supposed to go. Cooler heads prevailed and she got to work on her Spyder.
    It did allow me to get the magic mirrors and grips installed so all is good.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited (hers)
    2010 Voyager (also hers but only as a passenger)

Spyder Garage

It's like a usb phone charger cable. It won't fit either way until you look at it first.

I have gone through this. Can't find the slots with the tabs by feel. Have to look to line it up. Then next time it just falls in.

2018 F3 LIMITED