Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Sena 30k Speaker Upgrade

I have a Sena 30K head set and wanted to try upgrading the speakers with the new 50s speakers. I ordered a set of 50s speakers from Sena and it turned out to be a plug and play for the Sena 30k. It worked out real well the new speaker sound much better than the OEM speakers i.e. louder and seem to have more bass in them. How I tested; I had the 30k on an FM station and listen to it for about 20 min. than I installed the 50s speakers and had the same FM station playing, right off I had to turn the volume down just a little was to loud and I could hear some bass sounds in the music that I did not hear before. So if any one was wondering if they can upgrade the speakers in the 30k with 50s speakers the answer is yes. I like the sound of the 50s speakers much better.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Hmmm.. I wonder if the 50 speakers will work with my 10S ? I put a note in to Sena..

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

It's incredible how much we pay for products and then have to spend even more just to get quality. Thanks for the info.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if these will fit the Sena SRL 2

Spyder Garage

do you mean the 20S EVO? If so the answer is yes and motorcycle has these at a great price. I put them in my helmet and they made a big difference. I could stand to listen classical music again because I could now hear the bass and the high better and things weren't muddy sounding.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    I could stand to listen classical music again because I could now hear the bass and the high better and things weren't muddy sounding.
    What a relief! I thought I was the only rider out there who listens to classical music. Thanks Paul.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Would also like to know about the 10's. We use ours for bike to bike com only, but improved sound would be good. We get three to four blocks "straight line" at the moment.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here is a link to the new sena HD speakers https://www.sena.com/community/blog/sena-hd-speakers the new speakers are for 50, 30, 20, 10c and 5s head sets.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    What a relief! I thought I was the only rider out there who listens to classical music. Thanks Paul.
    William Tell Overture???

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

That and Offenbach's Orpheus in the Underworld = Can Can. The Flight of the Valkyries, and Dance of the Hours will do nicely too. Seriously, even though I ride aggressively (when solo) I prefer no or mellow music.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I upgraded to the new Sena speakers today and have to agree with CopperSpyder about the upgrade. I purchased from motorcycledave and they arrived in 3 days. The first thing I noted on boot up was the volume of the boot up announcement was much louder but honestly that didn’t mean a lot. The first few minutes I couldn’t discern that much of a difference because I was listening to a station playing music I wasn’t that familiar with. I typically use Spotify so when I listened to my usual playlist the difference became immediately apparent because I could compare it with the previous speakers.

There is indeed a difference. There is better volume, at least to me, so I’m assuming they improved the efficiency somewhat. I also noticed a much better depth to the sound and I’m hearing things I wasn’t hearing before. Would I still like more bass? yes, but at my age who knows how different my hearing is to someone else’s.

To make a long story short if you have a spare 40 bucks or so and want improvement in sound quality I’d go for the upgrade. I’ve got no regrets. It’s two cases of beer cheap and I’m fat enough so what the heck. (Full confession I’ll probably buy the beer too! Lol) By the same token you are not getting Bose or Apple Beats level sound either, but you also aren’t spending 200 bucks.

MotorcycleDave had the best price I could find. (And just in case it needs to be said I received no special discount nor was there any request for endorsement. I bought my 30ks from him too, again for the same reason, best price I could find other than disreputable sellers on ebay)
    Last edited by LeftCoast; 02-18-2021 at 02:40 AM.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    Here is a link to the new sena HD speakers https://www.sena.com/community/blog/sena-hd-speakers the new speakers are for 50, 30, 20, 10c and 5s head sets.
    10c pro and evo - not the original 10c (which is the model that I have).

Spyder Garage

My Sena 5S sounds much better compared to my prior 10S...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue