Spyder Garage

Default My 2010 RT SE5 stuck in first gear

Hi all", started up my Canam Techno SE5 went to ride it to service station for fuel and it would not change out of first gear, added some oil to it after checking oil level. Oil level raed that it was at the right mark on the dip stick. I have not been able to ride the Spyder much due to level 3 restrictions, so it's been sitting in the garage. Went for a ride on it the next day and it was changing no problems. A couple of times when I have started the Spyder up, the screen does has the lines across it. This happened to me a few years ago so I replaced the battery and no problems with it. Maybe it's time to replace the battery again. Any ideas would be appreciated. When things have happened to the Spyder I don't panic like I used to these days. I keep the oill up coolant checks and service the Spyder regularly, so I am not worried about things the Spyder does these days. I think to myself "This is the Spyder", LOL

Regards Peter

Spyder Garage

Did you check to see if the shifter lever came off or slipped on the shaft? Make sure the dot is lined up with the slit in the lever.
    2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderJerry View Post
    Did you check to see if the shifter lever came off or slipped on the shaft? Make sure the dot is lined up with the slit in the lever.
    Hi Mate I check it in the morning. I went for a ride today and it changed gears perectly, but I chck it in the morning

Regards Peter

Spyder Garage

Certainly sounds like it's time to at least check the battery for any poor or failing condition?!?

A low battery charge or a dying battery, possibly a failed cell, could cause the lines across the dash screen; and the shifter linkage isn't likely to be the cause of intermittent shift issues - they generally won't shift at all if that linkage is off, and they can't really fit themselves back on without help... but a poor battery could definitely impact the electro-solenoid activated shifting of an SE5!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Time for a load test!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Hi Pete", yeah I believe it is all to do with the battery, because when I saw the line on the screen over 3 years ago. I read articles in this forum and replaced he battery and did not have a problem with it after that,

Regards Peter

Spyder Garage

Hi all", I charged the battery then took it for a ride and rode it at around 120 KPH for a while and no problems shifting now,

Regards Peter

Spyder Garage

Hi Peter", Yeah I got to change the battery on wednesday because it did the same thing again after not being ridden for a couple of days both time when it happened it was in the morning after a couple of days not been ridden, I think the battery is kaput,

Regards Peter