Spyder Garage

Default Crack time tomorrow!

Maybe should have phrased the title differently... But anyway, gonna' head over the Bighorn Mountains in the AM to take a boat ride through the third largest canyon in the US. This should give the wife the perfect opportunity to see just how well her '11 RT with new 15" wheels/ Vredesteins and a laser alignment perform on the steep and curvy (gnarly twisties, brah!) of US14 and 14A going to Lovell. She'll have almost a hundred miles on the tires before we get to the switchbacks going up, so there shouldn't be any release agent left to make them slickery. She'll also find out just how much compression braking that 998 has. I told her to use the brake check pullouts if she finds herself having to drag the binders too much. Should be fun on a bun!

bighorn canyon1.jpg

map.jpg

Spyder Garage

That ought to keep her busy for a spell.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

That's the kind of sign I like to see. You Are Here - the unwritten part is "now go and have fun!"
    2012 2012 RT-L and 3015 RT-S , 2012 - red and 2015 black (way too black)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    That's the kind of sign I like to see. You Are Here - the unwritten part is "now go and have fun!"
    What it doesn't show is the path to get to "You Are Here"...the trip up the east side of the Bighorns is like taking off in a small plane. Within a few minutes of starting up the switchbacks, you've climbed over three thousand feet above the plains (pic is from Sand Turn where hang gliders regularly launch) and you climb over 6,900 feet total before getting to the 14/14A intersection.

03_Sand_Turn.jpg

Spyder Garage

On next year’s ride list. Did Hwy 16 back on Hwy 14 earlier this summer.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey