Spyder Garage

Default Homemade Drink Holder

Several months back I made this homemade drink holder for one of my other bikes, and it worked out as planned. It was made from a trail/hiking insulated drink holder that I wasn't using, and some spare Ram mount parts that I had laying around. I was going to use this reflector mount bracket that I took off the backside of either my Bonneville or Moto Guzzi when I first got it.

Instead of using it, I decided to try and bolt a 1" Ram ball to one of the bolts on the shroud using a 1" long metal bracket that I drilled and painted black. This way I can move it from bike to bike easily and only have a 1" Ram ball left in place. I've been riding it around for the last week and its held nice and snug with no movement. One of the nice things about the Ram parts is that it allows for some adjustability.

2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Aren't you the clever one. Well done Rick.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Nice work! I still haven't found one I like for the RTL.

Spyder Garage

It looks nice, you did a job well done.

Spyder Garage

I like the emblem on the cover!!! Good work on the drink holder, good thing it's all insulated it must get warm on the side up close like that!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Looks good
    Does it get in the way of your right leg though?

Spyder Garage

Nice job! I like how you used a clutch/brake clamp mount bolted onto the drink holder. What did you use as a backer inside of the drink holder to prevent the bolts from pulling through? Also did you cover the bolt heads inside to keep from scratching up the cup?

We have an RTL, and use 24oz Bubba Hero Sport Bottles. Couldn't find a holder to fit them so I also had to make a set for us. I used a section of 4" PVC pipe and 3/4" webbing. Slotted the pipe with my Dremel for the webbing, fed it through the holes and riveted it together on the bottom. Mine mounts on a Lamonster Spyder Cuff, hers with a RAM Clamp on the rear handhold.

Anyone else custom make a drink holder?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

Thanks all. My next project will be some saddlebag supports. I have a set of Shad hardside cases that I use on one of the other bikes, and they would look great on the Ryker. But, Shad doesnt make mounting brackets for both sides of the Ryker. I do have a new pair of throw over sport saddlebags that I've never used, so I'm going to try and make them work on the Ryker. I ordered some cheap black Harley supports for soft saddlebags and im going to try and attach them to the Linq quick release plate, I think. I'll know once they arrive and I start finangling around with it. I really dont want to drill into the Max mount.

Looks good
    Does it get in the way of your right leg though?
    Not really, not as far as foot on the peg, I keep the cup holder tucked in close to the bike. But, with the brake pedal being so small and on the inside, my leg does hit the cup holder when reaching for the brake pedal. Slingmods is offering a brake pedal enlarger that I'll ge to help alleviate that, but they're out of stock on it right now, says coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ozarkryder View Post
    Nice job! I like how you used a clutch/brake clamp mount bolted onto the drink holder. What did you use as a backer inside of the drink holder to prevent the bolts from pulling through? Also did you cover the bolt heads inside to keep from scratching up the cup?

We have an RTL, and use 24oz Bubba Hero Sport Bottles. Couldn't find a holder to fit them so I also had to make a set for us. I used a section of 4" PVC pipe and 3/4" webbing. Slotted the pipe with my Dremel for the webbing, fed it through the holes and riveted it together on the bottom. Mine mounts on a Lamonster Spyder Cuff, hers with a RAM Clamp on the rear handhold.

Anyone else custom make a drink holder?
    Thanks, I like the two that you made, a little fancier than mine and they look great. I used a thick piece of black ABS plastic and large washers on the inside. I also ran a strip of peel & stick felt to cover the two bolts and washers. The clutch mount piece was the only other 1" Ram ball that I had. It worked out though because it helped having some length to it.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition