Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Love that pedal commander

Ok Installed the pedal commander On my 2019 f3s can am spyder , I went for a ride with the pedal commander wow ,had it set on sport +2 feels great instant power did not get any codes yet, try all settings,I like sport 1or2+,the sport setting on the bike still works and the cruse still works, it is a keeper I will let you know if I have any problems with it so far I love it.
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Yup ... I really makes a difference. I actually prefer city mode, as I think sport/sport+ is a bit too twitchy. Like martinthevlogger, I'll gradually transition to it.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Ok. So what is a "pedal commander?"
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

I found it. Don't know if I can supply a link to it. Google it.

Ordered one. 30 MB guarantee. Can't go wrong.
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...nder?vehicle=1

I didn't want to handlebar mount mine. With the supplied velcro sticky, it fits nicely on the side of the brake reservoir on the F3. Even though it's a little tight, it can be accessed thru the tupperware lid. The app works slick.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

spydermods.com

Spyder Garage

So, I've watched a few video's on these units and more than once have heard said that if your riding in the rain , you should stash them away!! Are they not waterproof???
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    So, I've watched a few video's on these units and more than once have heard said that if your riding in the rain , you should stash them away!! Are they not waterproof???
    They are not waterproof according to Slingmods, and Pedal Commander sight sends you back to Slingmods. That's why I went the inner mounting route.

Manufacturer:Pedal Commander
    Adjustable:Yes
    Bluetooth:Yes
    Money Back Guarantee:Yes, 30 Days
    Plug 'n' Play:Yes
    Waterproof:No

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    They are not waterproof according to Slingmods, and Pedal Commander sight sends you back to Slingmods. That's why I went the inner mounting route.

Wow, you would think that they would have a little better unit, seeing that people are using them in a outdoor application! They sound like a ton of fun, but with those big plug ends they will be a pain to hide in a waterproof area where they will stay dry!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Wow, you would think that they would have a little better unit, seeing that people are using them in a outdoor application! They sound like a ton of fun, but with those big plug ends they will be a pain to hide in a waterproof area where they will stay dry!
    They are plug/play directly into the throttle harness. The connections are already out of the elements. They slide right back into place. The box is small/thin. You'll have plenty of space to stash inside the panels that you'll already have off to install. The app is all you need as it works slick.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

instruction say it won't work with cruise on

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightcruiser View Post
    It does .. Pedal Commander says cruise control won't work when the Pedal Commander itself is in ECO mode. I haven't tried that mode yet. HOWEVER, when the Pedal Commander is set in City/Sport/Sport+ mode, cruise control DOES work when you have your Spyder set in ECO mode. I can verify that. The Pedal Commander does sharpen throttle response even when the Spyder is set in its own ECO mode. If I'm out riding and the weather turns to crap, I'll simply turn off the Pedal Commander and keep the Spyder in ECO mode.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

UPDATE on Pedal commander. Rode around some more today. No more limp modes, bluetooth working great. unit hidden under panels by right speaker. Seems to be doing as expected except still no hole shots. Worth the money? Maybe, certainly does have better acceleration from a rolling start. I am comfortable running around in sport mode +2. It's a keeper. 2016 RTL

Spyder Garage

certainly does have better acceleration from a rolling start.
    I can't see how it can have better acceleration if all it does is make the throttle more sensitive? Yes, you can get to full throttle fractionally quicker (it takes what, 0.5sec to twist the throttle to full?) but after that there is no actual power gain. It's the same power over a shorter twist range from what I read on their web site.

I can see the potential convenience of less twist but $300 seems like a lot of money for no actual performance improvement. The remap sounds like better value to me.
    | 2015 F3-S | Heated Grips | USB Ports | RAM X-Grip | RT Sway Bar | '2 Up' Rear Shock | SHAD Bag Kit | Oxford Aqua 50 Dry Bag | BRP Rider Backrest |

Spyder Garage

The throttle response is far more instantaneous. Things just happen quicker. I had a custom mapped Power Vision 3 tune and then added the Pedal Commander, and it's a whole different ride.. Their certainly is a very noticeable difference. Pedal Commander is offering Slingmods a 30 day no questions asked return policy. Try it. If you don't like it, return it...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

It worx with cruise

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyboymorton View Post
    I can't see how it can have better acceleration if all it does is make the throttle more sensitive? Yes, you can get to full throttle fractionally quicker (it takes what, 0.5sec to twist the throttle to full?) but after that there is no actual power gain. It's the same power over a shorter twist range from what I read on their web site.

I can see the potential convenience of less twist but $300 seems like a lot of money for no actual performance improvement. The remap sounds like better value to me.
    Got one today. Easy to install. The app works great, no need to mount it up high. Jury is still out. Didn't like the sport modes. If anything, I'd like a little more free play myself. But you are right. It simply inserts throttle into your Throttle Position Sensor. From full stop no throttle to 10° twist in the sport modes it adds about 30° more or 40° more twist. In city mode seems that it adds about 20° to your twist. ECO, nothing. Note that it says "increases throttle response" and that's all it does. Adds degrees of twist throttle to your twist grip. After that, if you twist more you get nothing. I imagine it will love gas gulping.

Spyder Garage

I feel like the throttle cable is not tight enough and I wish I didn't have to squeeze the grip for a more agile response. On the other hand, my opinion after watching Martin's video is that the Pedal comm has too much "steps" for mortals who do not have great sporting aspirations. So I wonder if there is no other easier way to "shorten" the throttle travel.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

There is no actual throttle cable,you rotate a handgrip that has switch kinda like a light dimmer and that sends a signal to the computer to open the actual throttle butterflys by using a motor that rotates the butterflys.This unit simply takes that signal and modifys it to send a little more opening power to that motor on the butterflys.Ive always felt that the spyders required a lot of hand twist to get to full throttle but Im not that concerned that I would buy this.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    There is no actual throttle cable,you rotate a handgrip that has switch kinda like a light dimmer and that sends a signal to the computer to open the actual throttle butterflys by using a motor that rotates the butterflys.This unit simply takes that signal and modifys it to send a little more opening power to that motor on the butterflys.Ive always felt that the spyders required a lot of hand twist to get to full throttle but Im not that concerned that I would buy this.
    That would be the TPS or Throttle Position Sensor. I have my commander attached to the brake MC with a zip tie. I'm a minimalist and don't like a bunch of stuff on my bars. Besides, under the service cover it's out of the weather and instructions say only change settings at a full stop. On my Note 9 fone, the app works great. It tells you what your setting is and has all the same buttons including the on/off button. Jury is still out on this though.

Does anyone know how to add a little more free play? I just want a smidge. I will pull my throttle apart and see if there's a way...
    th-comm.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder01 View Post
    I know, I know. That was only a way to explain my feelings. It doesn't worry me too much either but if there was an easier way to do it .....

Sorry. Maybe I should have opened a new thread.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

The Pedal Commander has added a lot more fun in my riding experience. Best part of it is that you can tailor each riding day to how you are feeling. Some days I just want to cruise with better throttle response, and when I am feeling my oats its fun to put it in Sport when I am feelin' frisky! (BTW, I tone it down if riding a lot of twistys... easy to goose it too much in a tight pinch)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post

I have one of these for my Ryker 900 ace mounted (ram mount) on my bars along with a ram mount for my phone. My bikes have always been garaged and covered while not been ridden so outside storage is not an issue ... in the event of rain .... sandwich bags do the trick ... i always have them stored on my bikes, usually to hold my earplugs. I am yet to screw up my gps's or phones over the years, and while i wont go riding in the rain unless Im either touring or out riding, i like others have got caught many times. Slingmods / Pedal Commander is also currently sourcing a manufacture to make latex slip on covers for them. I want the ease to change settings on the fly ... screwing with your phone here evokes large fines.

As far as the unit goes, with the exception of eco mode, the whole demeanor of the bike ( my Ryker) can be easily changed with minimal effort. On the Ryker there is a 2 up passenger lock out for the sport mode, it will only stay in eco ... not any more ... i ran " city 2 and city 4" with the wife on there with no issues ... it sure made ramping up to traffic highway speeds easier. Solo, i have tried sport plus 4 ... just basically shreds the rear tire and city 4 will light up the rear at 20mph easily solo if i get on it. I am not a big fan of ecu flashes etc ... just not for me, but this thing is by far the best $ for $ fun accessory IMHO. It probably is one of those things that are a "experience it to believe it " accessories ... no it does not increase the HP or torque but it sure brings it on in a hell of a hurry.

It wont be returned to Slingmods .... thats for sure.

Spyder Garage

I can confirm that Pedal Commander pepperize acceleration. I think it gives more bangs for the buck than other mods (I'm still going to purchase ECU update). I'm surprised that it's not weatherproof. That's good to know. Maybe it's best to hide under panels and use Android app to change settings. My prob is that Power Commader app does not work in my Huawei P20 Pro. The phone does find PC as bluetooth device and asks for PC's number which is found backside of the device. But when I enter the number app does not connect to the device. Maybe Huawei problem but I'd like to hear if anyone had connected Power Commander successfully with Huawei device.

Edit: open VPN connection was the reason why app could not connect to PC. I closed VPN connection and now Pedal Commander app does work with device.
    Last edited by PekunZip; 10-19-2020 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Solved bt connection problem
    2016 RT LTD , Pedal Commander Nice glowing red