Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Many Thanks to Westside Powersports in Spokane

It seems too often we drop to the lowest levels to complain and/or belittle Spyder dealers for various reasons. I too have had a few issues with poor or ugly service, but overwhelmingly the experiences have been quite the opposite. I prefer to express gratitude and thanks to dealers who help out when an issue arises, especially when traveling.
    I was in the midst of a 9,000 mile adventure. After one afternoon of pretty intense and aggressive ryding, I had stopped for a break. For some reason, I looked at the rear wheel and sprocket. What is saw was the belt literally half on and half over the edge of the sprocket. I had never seen the belt is that position. I made a call to Westside Powersports. I talked with the Service Manager, Richard, who asked a few questions, I explained the condition further and he and then asked if I thought I could ryde it in or if he needed to send someone to pick it up. I felt it could make the 70 mile ryde to the shop. He told me they would get it fixed as soon as I could get there. Within a half hour of my arrival, the belt alignment was adjusted and all was good for the rest of the trip. My thanks to Richard and the staff at Westside for their gracious attention to my need and for fixing the problem immediately. Their efforts were and are truly appreciated.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Spyder Garage

They too were a big help for my wife and I years ago when we were traveling through the area of Wilber, WA and got caught in road construction that involved more than a metric ton of gravel that all found it's way into the belt and shredded it to pieces and had to tow the Spyder to there. They went above and beyond to help us in our misadventure. Good people, good service!
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Its always great to hear when a dealership goes beyond the normal especially when on a trip and need some repairs.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I can also toss my vote to Westside Motorsports in Spokane. I purchased my Ryker from them and also had my 3,000 mile check up and oil change done there. Excellent experiences both times.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Good service is all fine and dandy,But, I would be concerned as to what caused this to begin with.Once I have adjusted my belt it stays there.Any explanation as to why yours changed?

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had never, ever seen a belt be off alignment like this. At this time, it’s logical to assume the belt alignment wasn’t done correctly.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series