Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

I got the info, about dropping Spyder/Ryker line when I stopped to look at a 2019 RT demo unit they have, and the sales person told me they also have a 2017 still in the crate.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

I think the white elephant in the room is availability of models for the dealers, and is it profitable for them? My local dealer in Toledo, Ohio is Honda East. They have basically no inventory, Spyder gear, etc. Huge inventory of all the different ATVs by Can Am. Have been counseled by the few Spyder ryders in my area not to bother with their service dept., so ride two hours north of Detroit for purchase, service, etc. My brother-in-law owned a Chevy dealership in the 80s and had to hire armed guards to turn away transport trucks full of new cars because Chevrolet was dumping their unsold stock on dealers to claim higher sales figures, but the dealers had to pay the taxes, etc. Basically drove him out of business.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Don't know if you can even sell one right now!
    Just the opposite. My brother just bought one from a guy in Colorado, about the fourth one he checked out. The others sold before he had to chance to find out anything about them!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

My Chevrolet story was just an FYI. The main question is why would a spider dealer not have and the inventory available I have been checking my local dealer for 2 years and they rarely get in any new models. Begs the question is it profitable for them? Or is BRP not able to supply demand?

Spyder Garage

As a Slingshot owner, I've read of a number of dealers dropping the line. At my dealer, they haven't had much in stock all year. One consolation is, until 2020, the Slings had GM Ecotec 2.4 motors. These things have been around for years and about any mechanic can work on them. Very durable motor.

Local Can Am dealer is going great guns thank goodness. Can't keep certain models in stock.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have a true number of Spyder dealers in each state? I bet BRP would not let us post something like this because it might help people know where to buy one and also where you could get it serviced, etc!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Does anyone have a true number of Spyder dealers in each state? I bet BRP would not let us post something like this because it might help people know where to buy one and also where you could get it serviced, etc!
    Doesn't give you a list for the entire state but there is this: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/us/en...r.html#/search

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

I have 4 dealers within 30 miles of me. bought my 2020 at the one that could get it for me and will use them for my first service and see how that goes. I have had work with the other one over the years on my gold wing that about ten miles away they always did me right .we will see how the one I bought it from does. I did talk to the mech before I bought it he seemed to know the spyders and the shop was clean and organized find out soon.

Spyder Garage

MNF3,
    The dealership in Algona Ia. is top notch! Brian has been working on bikes for a long time and can fix anything. Dakota is a certified tech, they have all the tools you could possibly need.
    The owner send them to BRP classes as well.
    You will not be disappointed.
    Thanks
    Larry L.
    2018 F3 , Full size brake pedal Black

Spyder Garage

Larry L, that is good to hear. I will most likely use the Algona location for service on my Spyder. It is a nice ride from Spirit Lake to Algona. I ride down to Lost Island fairly often. Nice country riding between Terril and Ruthven. I really like my Spyder and hope these smaller dealers are able to keep the line.
    David Petrick

Spyder Garage

If it's like snowmobiles, my friend up north has a dealership and his biggest bitch is the factory will not listen to him and send him the sleds he can sell! In stead they want to send him small cc sleds that people in the northern county don't want, so he's pay on a floor plain that will not sell!! The next thing is parts! You can only afford to have just so many parts sitting on your shelf, so getting a quick turn around on your parts order is very important, people don't want there machines sitting in the shop all season long, the seasons short!!!It's hard on these guy's, they take it from both ends! And last but not least, they need good mechanics, and they are few and far between, and that will make you or break you!! So let's hope we don't loose to many good ones!! Ride safe!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you hit the nail on the head! My Ryker has been in the shop for about six weeks waiting for a fuel pump replacement. I have never had such disappointing ownerShip of a vehicle In my life. This is after already trying to get this issue fixed for about ten months prior to no avail. I do not feel bad for the dealerships that can’t function in a reasonable manner in the service department. Service after the sell is a top priority for me. To the dealerships that can’t run a business that takes care of their customers after the sale,,IMHO, Weed them out before they ruin it for all. Tough Love, if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Spyder Garage

My selling dealer just dropped the Spyder and Riker lines. The stated reason is the slow economy in upstate NY and "extreme pressure from BRP". Ingles Performance in Fulton NY (about 35 miles NW of Syracuse). They are keeping the off-road products.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I wonder what "extreme pressure from BRP" was related to. Not enough sales? Too much warranty work done?
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor

Spyder Garage

I use River raisin in Monroe has more things available than Honda East

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    I wonder what "extreme pressure from BRP" was related to. Not enough sales? Too much warranty work done?
    I assume BRP’s stance of “x” amount of units sold in 2020, therefore you “will” take “Y” number of units in 2021. My dealer almost quit as a result of this stance.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    I sold bikes for a few years at a large multi brand dealership. They are a Can-Am ATV/Spyder dealer. They were interested in picking up Triumph or BMW. Both MFR's wanted more premium SQ footage and exposure than the dealership wanted to comply with. Triumph was notorious for this and lost a lot of dealerships. The North American President has since been fired ....

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

A few years ago I was talking with a BRP powersports regional parts representative. He said Can Am pushes for sales quotas that don't take local market conditions into account. That was the reason Spyder dealers couldn't make it in the Pocatello, ID area.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

that is very unfortunate that you have no dealer closer to you for Spyder service, etc. I live in the Omaha Metro with two Spyder dealers but have to go to Atlantic, IA (45 mi) for quality and dependable Spyder service. I guess BRP just isn't interested in getting a network of good dealers across America?? Must be something in their Canadian blood????????
    BIG F

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    that is very unfortunate that you have no dealer closer to you for Spyder service, etc. I live in the Omaha Metro with two Spyder dealers but have to go to Atlantic, IA (45 mi) for quality and dependable Spyder service. I guess BRP just isn't interested in getting a network of good dealers across America?? Must be something in their Canadian blood????????
    BIG F
    Or maybe the dealers haven’t figured out that must give good service to make more money. Both sides need to give their heads a shake. To blame just one side is very short-sighted. Oh, and btw, our blood is the same as yours.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Part of the issue may be what the dealer chooses to promote. Around here 4 wheelers are very popular and they can be used year around. Snowmobiles are also quite popular, as are personal watercraft. The dealer I referred to, does not have a lot of floor space and never had more than 2 Spyders on the display floor.
    David Petrick

Spyder Garage

I guess I am just lucky. I have 3 dealers all within 30 minutes of my home (North, West and East of me). One of them 5 miles away. But I bought mine from a dealer that is 25 minutes away due to price!
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Blue

Spyder Garage

I am in CA and my nearest dealer only services Can Am 4 wheelers, the other dealers are at least 50+ miles away. I have yet to see one Ryker on the road and have only seen maybe 3 Spyders. I am not sure why they are not more popular with all the money here. I am looking to purchase my first Spyder and luckily for YouTube so I can do some of the work myself.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think BRP really needs to get it together on dealers, service and parts supply. I know 'covid', but it can be the excuse for everything forever. BRP is big, they have a good product in the Spyder/Ryker line, but without reasonable customer service, that is one big matzo ball hanging out there. Prices are another program, but if if customers like and enjoy, prices don't seem to mean that much. For example, Evo Harley, oh my! It's customer satisfaction after the sale of course. That is lacking in many situations, not just BRP, so not just picking on their products.