Spyder Garage

Default Medium priced seat pad for Spyder RT?

Looking for add on seat pads for the 2019 RTL. Anything less expensive than the Airhawks I found? If they are the best for the money I'm in. Hoping for something serviceable for about 50-60 bucks each since I need to buy two.
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

I bought 2 trucker /motorcycle seat pads from Walmart I think I paid $20 each ..1 inch thick rubber honeycomb covered in polyester They work/fit great!!

Spyder Garage

I got these for my 2018 RT. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088PLFHW2/
    I haven't had a chance to try them yet, since I just got it out of the shop today. Had enough ryding in the rain just to get it back home.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RowdyScamp View Post
    I got these for my 2018 RT. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B088PLFHW2/
    I haven't had a chance to try them yet, since I just got it out of the shop today. Had enough ryding in the rain just to get it back home.
    Those look great Id be interested to see if they cool as Im riding in 110 degree weather!

Spyder Garage

Might be some cheaper than Air Hawk, but I never sat on on anything more comfortable.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm trying out the butt buffer, around the sixty dollar mark, thin and works pretty good. Go to buttbuffer.com to check it out. Here's a tip, if you buy, buy the large. You might find it on Amazon as well, then you can read the comments.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate the tips from you experienced but cushion users. Thanks

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

Sheepskin works for a lot of people. Alaskan leathers used to make top notch ones but haven't had to buy any in long time.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Try this from cycle gear. I have one that is saddle shaped. Cut the vinyl out of the bottom. Leave about an 1 inch on the outer edge to hold the pad in and you can feel the air flow when riding https://www.cyclegear.com/parts/speedmetal-air-seat-pad
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Spyder Garage

I have almost the same - work great, comfy and easily adjustable by adding or removing air!

Spyder Garage

I had a chance to try the seat pads today. My girlfriend and I both think they work well. After being parked in the sunshine, they were definitely cooler than the factory seat would have been.
    Seat cushions.jpg
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I remember putting a pine 2x6 on my office chair to toughen up my butt, weeks before a trip, when I toured on my Norton. Over the years I tried many different things. Always been fond of the sheepskin. Keeps you warm in the cold and cool in the hot. Under the sheepskin the best I found is the Airhawk. My riding companion loved a bead seat (it is 3/4" wooden balls held together with strings) and to me it was like sitting on hornets. I found the secret for the air hawk to be to put just enough air in it to keep your butt from resting on the seat foam. Too much air and it was a control problem. You felt disconnected from the bike. I cannot speak for the cheaper Airhawk knock offs. They may be fine. I would just not like to find out when I'm 800 miles from home.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 12tree View Post
    I remember putting a pine 2x6 on my office chair to toughen up my butt, weeks before a trip, when I toured on my Norton. Over the years I tried many different things. Always been fond of the sheepskin. Keeps you warm in the cold and cool in the hot. Under the sheepskin the best I found is the Airhawk. My riding companion loved a bead seat (it is 3/4" wooden balls held together with strings) and to me it was like sitting on hornets. I found the secret for the air hawk to be to put just enough air in it to keep your butt from resting on the seat foam. Too much air and it was a control problem. You felt disconnected from the bike. I cannot speak for the cheaper Airhawk knock offs. They may be fine. I would just not like to find out when I'm 800 miles from home.
    If you made it 800 miles w/out discomfort, I think you'd be good. I've owned both a genuine Air Hawk (sold) and the Amazon knock off (current), and they worked about the same for me. I don't use it now with my Laam seat.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 12tree View Post
    I remember putting a pine 2x6 on my office chair to toughen up my butt, weeks before a trip, when I toured on my Norton.
    I had a 1969 fastback Commando and that is exactly what the seat was like, sitting on a 2x4. I was a poor college student then and didn't know about custom seats and couldnt have afforded one anyway. I got a BMW next an R75/5 and that seat was even worse. I hah learned about sheepskin by then, it worked really well.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze