Spyder Garage

Default Army-Licensed Jacket

This looks pretty cool:

http://www.power-trip.com/army/mens/...ets_alpha.html

Built-in (and removable) ID holder
    Built-in reflective material that stores in zippered compartments when not needed

It also comes in green and sand. The only thing I don't like is the color match on the digital cammo sleve.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Nice looking jacket accept (I agree) loose the camo sleeve.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

This would really go well with Brevet05, especially with his spyder design!!!

"Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

I Like this one better...
    http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/b...le_jacket.html
    No camo...
    Looks like something from the new GI Joe movie...

CC
    Happy Spyder Owner

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Spyder Garage

I agree! I really don't understand the different color sleeve.

Otherwise, the Powertrip jackets look good, but would be completely unwearable in San Antonio (too hot). Also, the folks who designed it either weren't familiar with the Army's requirements for motorcycle PPI, or couldn't figure out how to integrate them into their design. It's counterproductive to put an ID holder on a jacket which you then cover with a reflective/Hi-Viz panel. Ditto for the back, where you cover the logo with the hi-viz panel when riding. For Active Duty soldiers, this jacket isn't really well thought out. Maybe when I retire up North...

Now, an option I like is Joe Rocket's Recon jacket. A lot less boldly designed, but has the right design elements for military riders: foldaway Hi-Viz panels with the ID holder attached (instead of covered), reflective piping, big vents. So, if y'all want to get together and buy me a jacket, this is the one (you'll need overnight shipping, though, as the birthday's Thursday).

I went for the bargain-priced Fieldsheer Hi-Flo II (MSRP $125, but $77.97 shipped from Competition Accessories) which is mesh, armored, reflective, and in the case of my option, hi-viz yellow and black. If I decide on adding in an Army aspect, there are talented tailors here on post.
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    I agree! I really don't understand the different color sleeve.

Otherwise, the Powertrip jackets look good, but would be completely unwearable in San Antonio (too hot). Also, the folks who designed it either weren't familiar with the Army's requirements for motorcycle PPI, or couldn't figure out how to integrate them into their design. It's counterproductive to put an ID holder on a jacket which you then cover with a reflective/Hi-Viz panel. Ditto for the back, where you cover the logo with the hi-viz panel when riding. For Active Duty soldiers, this jacket isn't really well thought out. Maybe when I retire up North...

Now, an option I like is Joe Rocket's Recon jacket. A lot less boldly designed, but has the right design elements for military riders: foldaway Hi-Viz panels with the ID holder attached (instead of covered), reflective piping, big vents. So, if y'all want to get together and buy me a jacket, this is the one (you'll need overnight shipping, though, as the birthday's Thursday).

I went for the bargain-priced Fieldsheer Hi-Flo II (MSRP $125, but $77.97 shipped from Competition Accessories) which is mesh, armored, reflective, and in the case of my option, hi-viz yellow and black. If I decide on adding in an Army aspect, there are talented tailors here on post.
    Happy birthday and THANKS for serving!

ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    ... Maybe when I retire up North...
    I hope you mean somewhere like Fredericksburg, TX or Bandera, TX that is a far North as I can take

PS: Thanks for your service!

3WD
    Today is a good day to ride!
    owner!

[x]- Gun rack
    [x]- Helmet-mounted fire extingusher and DPS deactivation hammer
    [x]- Large print (senior version) safety card

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3wheeldemon View Post
    I hope you mean somewhere like Fredericksburg, TX or Bandera, TX that is a far North as I can take

PS: Thanks for your service!

3WD
    Actually was tooling around Fredericksburg last week in my quest to see green grass again. Texans are good people, but have you noticed how hot it gets here?
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

It might be hot down here... but I like the fact that I can ride year round!

When you retire you should do what my parents do.....
    Minnesota in the summer and Texas in the winter!
    Happy Spyder Owner

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
    - Thomas Jefferson

Spyder Garage

Nice they should put an airbag option in that jacket