Spyder Garage

Default aftermarket pipes

Being a former Harley Rider I really miss the vroom of the Harley but that being said , have many of you replaced your stock pipes with something a little throatier ? do you have to have anything retunes or add a tuner ...where can one go to listen to the different styles of after market pipes .. have been looking but ... any thoughts would be helpful

Spyder Garage

Hi Ron and Chris,

A cat delete will sound better and not piss off the neighbors. An ECU Stage 1 or 2 will wake up what ever model of spider you have. ( Easy enough to put in your signature). But a 1330 cc triple with its much higher revs will never sound like a straight piped V-twin.
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

The inline 3 will NEVER approach the sound of the Harley Twin V!
    At best it will sound a little louder and a little deeper like a good sports car.

AJ

2014 RT-S
    Akrapovic Exhaust & Cat Bypass
    Bajaron Sway Bar w/links / Sena SM-10/Garmin 660
    Comfort Seat w Adjustable Backrest
    Decals by Purple Harley / Magic Strobe
    Kuryakyn Black Widow Pegs Rivco Highway Brackets
    Rivco Trunk Mounted Double Flag Holder
    FOBO / Spyder Cuff / XM Radio w MC Antenna

2014 RT/S , Black

Spyder Garage

Former H-D bagger owner here who ran a V&H 2-1 Pro Pipe. Nope, nothing will sound the same. That said, a cat delete pipe will make the bike sound deeper/throatier, even with the OEM muffler.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have a cammed 110ci CVO Harley with V&H True Dual and 4" Rineharts. I also ride a Spyder F3L that has a cat delete and a 2 Bros slip on. It sounds terrific when accelerating and when riding hard on the roads of SE Ohio. Keep the R's in the 3500 to 6000 range and it sings a wonderful song. Different sounds but both are great. I did a cat delete first and it wasn't enough volume for me, and contrary to what I've heard my bike pulled smoother from a lower RPM after freeing up the exhaust. Also, unlike a Harley, no tuner is required. Just idle the bike for 10 or 15 minutes after changing the exhaust and the ECU adjusts itself. For different exhaust sounds check out https://www.martinthevlogger.com/ from Slovakia. He does some exhaust comparison videos.

Spyder Garage

Have the RLS delete and I feel the volume diff from stock is minor.Is deeper but not really louder.Have the Torpedo muffler on order and am anxious to hear what that does! Ran a V-ROD with a Supertrapp and 15 plates and a modded end cap....I know it won't sound anything like that but hoping it will not be anywhere that LOUD!