Spyder Garage

Default How do I Connect lights to the Customer Accessory Circuit?

I purchased a Bright Rider from Lamonster and watched the video many times. I need help on how to connect the Bright Rider to my Customer Accessory Circuit. In the video the lever connector is already on. The kit shipped with the lever connectors and round screw connectors. Based on the video I will need to cut off the end of the Bright Rider which terminates with a small pinned plug. How do I remove the plastic sleeve tubes from the Accessory Circuit and the connect the lever plug. Since this is electrical I do not want to fry anything. Sorry to ask such a basic question (for many) but I want to be careful and learn. I included photos of the connectors sent and my Accessory Circuit. Thanks in advance for any help or tips. I did send an e-mail to LaMonster and did not hear back.
    Regards,
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-24-2020 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Prefix: This is a 'How do I?' not a 'How to:' DIY example.....

Spyder Garage

Jim I had the same problem that you are having. I couldn’t figure out how to use the lever connectors and my Bright Rider did not come with any posi-tap screw connectors.( the red ones). Luckily I had some posi-taps and connected to the accessory circuit with them. As I recall the black wire is positive and the white wire is negative on the accessory circuit. Just trim back some of the plastic on the accessory circuit leads and use the posi-tap connectors.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    Jim I had the same problem that you are having. I couldn’t figure out how to use the lever connectors and my Bright Rider did not come with any posi-tap screw connectors.( the red ones). Luckily I had some posi-taps and connected to the accessory circuit with them. As I recall the black wire is positive and the white wire is negative on the accessory circuit. Just trim back some of the plastic on the accessory circuit leads and use the posi-tap connectors.
    Kid Doc
    2019 F3-T

All states and provinces visited solo on 2 wheels since 2006!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The one image with the battery looks like crimp butt connectors where you stick a same gauge wire in and use a special tool to squeeze down on the metal part. It's also possible they pull off as they are just protecting the bare wires.

The other image shows Post-Tap butt connectors. Black is always ground and Lamont talks about a purple wire for positive. Basically make connections and make sure the wires don't touch each other or any part of the frame.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    My light is working - I want to thank JKMSPYDER for the advice. I am really excited about my light.
    Thanks!
    Jim

Spyder Garage

Glad you got it working!!
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red