Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT limited, is there a difference in the reg seat and the comfort upgrade seat

We are looking at options for the 2020 RT limited and I see there is a comfort seat upgrade available. Is it worth the money and is it truly more comfortable? i know on our old gold wing we went to a custom seat and even then it took like a year to really break in and get nice.

Spyder Garage

That seems to be the problem with the whole deal, you have to break the thing in!! And the other thing is that every butt is different, if you haven't seen that at the beach!!! Some people say that the comfort seat is well worth the money and a big difference from the stock seat! And then some go automatically to past company's that they have used in the past and got the aftermarket saddle! Good luck I am dealing with the same thing, I've put a insert in my seat and think I am about to try the sheepskin cover to go over it! Would really like to put a new bike under my seat to tell you the truth, but don't tell my co-pilot!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have the 2020 RTL, and I'm using the butt buffer, works pretty good for me and the Mrs. Thought I try the after market throw on before paying big $ for another seat. I also have the ceramic beads which work well in the summer. I appreciate the large foot boards making position change easy and that 2 or 3 hour ride more comfy.

Spyder Garage

Two or three hours? My last ride on the Gold Wing before the guy hit me was across country. We left Franklin NC and arrived in Northern Idaho in two days. Both days were ten to twelve hours lol. I didn't feel my a** for a week.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
    Two or three hours? My last ride on the Gold Wing before the guy hit me was across country. We left Franklin NC and arrived in Northern Idaho in two days. Both days were ten to twelve hours lol. I didn't feel my a** for a week.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh yes, I can recall those days when a 12/15 hour ride was not unusual for me, but at 87 years and Miss Millie on the pillion, I don't do that anymore. However, if I was still riding solo, I think I could do 10 hours without much of a strain.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Oh yes, I can recall those days when a 12/15 hour ride was not unusual for me, but at 87 years and Miss Millie on the pillion, I don't do that anymore. However, if I was still riding solo, I think I could do 10 hours without much of a strain.
    Your the man!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl