Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Girl mods!

Spyder Garage

Default Girl mods!

I am the proud owner of a Spyder purchased about 5 weeks ago. Thus far I have added flat black Corbin bags, front and rear spider pegs from Kuryakyn, ISO grips and throttle body also from Kuryakyn along with the Spider front windshield emblem. I have the touring windshield from Can Am. I added the caliber covers, rear seat cowling, and have the axle covers on order.

I have a riser block sitting at the dealer waiting to be installed, but I would like to get my handle bar risers and emblems put on while they install the riser block so it is on hold at the moment.

Everything has gone great thus far. The rear seat cowling just attaches with some little rubber bungees which is stupid. Everyone wants to try to "open" the cowling and have torn the rubber knobs off of the bungees. Design flaw in my opinion. Any idea on a better installation that would prevent this?

I have a paint scheme picked out (my husband is an airbrush artist airbrushguy.com so it is a must that everything we own be painted) and hope to have it started before our local Bikes, Blues, and BBQ in late September. I doubt the artwork is done by then, but it should at least be a new color.

I plan to load some photos in the near future (have to take some first). I look forward to getting to know you all and share some creative modifications.

Victoria

Update:
    Since this post I have added 3" handlebar risers which have been painted flat black and added the chrome emblems. I have also gotten a cup holder large enough to hold my favorite Route 44 from Sonic! My axle covers finally showed up too. I just ordered a rear tail light and LED light kit. Some of the plastic has been removed and painted flat black. The artwork is going to have to be a work in progress due to all the upcoming rides. We are trying to paint a couple of pieces per day and place them back on so that I can keep riding until we have all the scheme worked out.

If you are interested in seeing the photos, I have uploaded a set to Flickr. Check them out here.
    Last edited by widowmaker1; 09-11-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Updating mods

Spyder Garage

welcome! You'll find answers to lots of questions, have fun with great folks, and discover that this is a vehicle that takes some patience, but rewards us with great pleasure. There's a thread on the "velcro fix" for the mono seat cowl that will answer that one. There's a number of folks in Arkansas on the forum, so enjoy your ryde! Looking forward to what you come up with for a design...
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Congrats on the Spyder and the current and future mods. Can't wait to see the pics.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

welcome

Spyder Garage

welcome Cowl mod with velcro straps has been adopted by many. Search previous threads and I'm sure you'll find it.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

welcome Please post some pics when you get your paint job done.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

welcome

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

welcome

john

Spyder Garage

welcome Enjoy your ryde and ryde safe.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

welcome and please post your pictures when the paint job is done.
    Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

welcome can't wait to see pics.

William

Spyder Garage

where are the pics?

Spyder Garage

Default Pics are up

This forum doesn't allow me to post photos without compressing them, etc. so I have posted to Flickr. Check out what I have done thus far by clicking here
    Victoria

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Looking good!
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

welcome

Your husband's air brush artwork is awesome! Love the designs.

Might have to plan a trip out with my wife and have my customized by him someday. Having been a resident of 2 WTC on 9/11 eight years ago, and witnessed first hand the cowardly acts of these murderers, I have the perfect theme.

Again, welcome, it's a great site!
    Happy Spyder Owner - 2008 Millennium Yellow PE #2475
    HID lights, fog lights, Hindle exhaust, heated grips, anti-vibe bars, passenger extension pegs, BRP custom seat, seat cowl, sport rack/backrest, BRP saddlebags, CHAD black/smoke windshield, outdoor cover, Garmin Quest GPS, Rear axel billets.

Spyder Garage

Any way to link / display the posts right from Flickr similar to PhotoBucket?

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=5841
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

I like the handlebar console in black, I think that is very sharp. Your spyder is coming along great.!!
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

welcome

It has been many years that I lived in Siloam Springs, used to go to Bentonville, Fayetteville, etc.. quite often, especailly when the hogs played. ( Oh I was in the chicken business )

Spyder Garage

Smile I like

what you have done so far where did you get the cup holder that looks cool did your hubby paint that spyder on the cowl.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Love the black handlebars!

Very Happy '08 Spyder RS Owner

Spyder Garage

welcome It so much fun!

Spyder Garage

Default Mod-updates

So I am no longer titling this girl mods as there isn't anything girly about this Spyder! Thanks for all the comments. I really like the black handlebars too and think it makes the chrome accents pop. We are doing more of that now.

Just got my spider axle covers in only to find that a) you can't see them for my totally rocking Corbin bags and b) I lost one on the first trip out! Shoot!

I have a few new "in progress" photos to share. We have decided to just get the base color down while I am still working out the paint scheme. That means all the plastic is off. YIKES! and the bike is NAKED!

As for the cup holder it came from Kuryakan. Kuryakan has several styles to choose from, but I keep a Rout 44 handy at all times and this was the biggest I could find. My 44 still doesn't sit all the way down in it, but it stays upright while driving. They don't make one for a 7/8" bar, but we got a spacer for it to make the 1 in holder work out just fine.

I had maxed out this month's space on Flickr so here are the latest photos at PhotoBucket.

More painting going on this week along with a tail light (No Magic Neon) and perhaps some LED's (Street Glow). I also got some Thermo Tec wrap for the exhaust pipe to keep the heat off my legs. Then we will have to patch her back together in time for Bikes, Blues & BBQ in NW Arkansas.
    Victoria

Spyder Garage

Default To Roger-I Like

You asked if Robert painted the spider on the cowl. I can't figure out what spider you are referring to because there isn't one on the seal cowl. I looked at the photos again and I think you might be referring to the chrome accent piece that goes on the windshield. The photo is bad due to the reflection in the chrome.

My LEDs came in today along with my Thermo Tec wrap. My husband got a crazy idea to change (fill in) some of the grooves and so forth to give it a more smooth and streamlined appearance. I got a photo of it to upload, but it is in another camera that I don't have access to right now. Will upload new ones by the weekend for sure.
    Victoria