Spyder Garage

Default Sorry, another mirror question I can't find any info about.

Haven't been on here in a while and just saw about some magnetic mirror mounts. Have to check those out. But we're RVing for the summer and need to fix the left mirror on the wife's 2013 RT-S. The mount clips have broken several times before and replacing them was no problem. The one that broke today was the top one without the pins/springs. I was able to find a replacement at a local dealer but it seems like there was a design change. It is no longer a 2 piece clip but now a thicker 1 piece clip. When I attempted to put the mirror back on, it seemed like the stud on the bike was not long enough and I couldn't get the mirror to hang securely on the stud so I could pop the other 2 clips back on. Was there also a design change of the stud? I tried to back it out a little bit still having no luck. Any info appreciated, thanks.

Spyder Garage

Well I wiggled and I jiggled and I got the mirror on the bike. Now to figure out how to delete this thread.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can't delete a thread. I think you have an hour after you post to edit but that's it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You can ask to have it closed but will be seen forever.

Spyder Garage

Your next venture should be to get yourself some "Magic Mirror" magnets. LaMonster Garage, and others sell them. There are a couple different versions out there now, but many have been happy with the Magic Mirrors. Keep an eye on those pesky steel clips. It seems that once you remove and install the mirrors just a couple of times, those clips get distorted and just don't hole like they should anymore. For those that do maintenance, the magnets are a life saver. Glad you got it back on!
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I can close the thread if you like but there’s also no harm in leaving it open either.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Lesson learned: leave it! Other people learn from it!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    Your next venture should be to get yourself some "Magic Mirror" magnets. LaMonster Garage, and others sell them. There are a couple different versions out there now, but many have been happy with the Magic Mirrors. Keep an eye on those pesky steel clips. It seems that once you remove and install the mirrors just a couple of times, those clips get distorted and just don't hole like they should anymore. For those that do maintenance, the magnets are a life saver. Glad you got it back on!
    2012 RTL , Pearl