Hello Spyder Ryders,
We are a bit late but we do have plans for an overnight (or 2) ride for Labor Day weekend. It was tough this year getting accommadations for a group. We were planning on going North but that did not work so we tried South and we were able to get that set up. Here are the plans:
Sat. Sept. 5th We will ride to Redwing and stay at the Country Inn. The address is 4243 Highway 61 in Redwing, telephone # 651-388-9000. I have a block of 10 rooms reserved. The price is $115 per room if, when you call to reserve, you tell them you are with the Caswell Ryder group. The deadline for reserving a room in the block is Aug. 29 which is just one week. Les & I will be leaving the shop around noon if anyone wants to meet us and ride with us, otherwise, we will meet at the hotel and go to dinner at the Smokin Oak BBQ which is right in the same parking lot.
Sun. Sept. 6th We will spend the night at the Super 8 in Willmar, Mn. The address is 2655 1st St. in Willmar, telephone # is 320-316-0302. I couldn't get a block of rooms there but they have 30 rooms available that night so far. I suggest that you call ASAP to reserve your room. The price is $76.49 for a room with 1 queen bed and $80.99 for a room with 2 full beds. Be sure to tell them that you are with the Caswell Ryders to get the quoted price. We plan to have dinner at Grizzleys which is 1/4 mi. from the hotel.
I'm sorry that we were unable to give you alot of time for making your arrangements but this has been a very unusual year. We look forward to seeing you on Sept. 5th. Any questions, you can call me or Les at the shop, 320-679-1383 and we will try to help.
Kaye