Spyder Garage

Default I need help! Key won’t move

Hello, I have a question, I have a 2016 F3 Spyder today about to leave from work and my bike key would not move, now the last thing I did was get water out of my front trunk, is it possible that it’s stuck and that’s why the key won’t move, “ I did get home but I need to fix this a little issue”. Suggestions?

Spyder Garage

By "move" do you mean out or left or right?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Both it won’t move left or right

Spyder Garage

You could try putting some weight over the latch area on the frunk, and then reaching around to see if you can turn the key - but I'd be careful with the amount of force you use on the KEY!! You really don't want to break it off down in the barrel! (but you can lean on the frunk all you like - if you can still reach the key, the amount of frunk leaning force you'll exert won't be enough to hurt anything! )

That said, does the key still press in and out?? Pressing In generally operates the frunk &/or seat latches as you turn; while turning 'not pressed in' operates the ignition. Maybe you've got it jammed by trying to turn it while it was somewhere in between the two positions? My RT's key occasionally 'sticks' momentarily for exactly that reason - it's sorta half-way pressed in, so it won't turn at all; but I've learned not to ever force keys like that, so the jiggle reflex to release it is pretty much automatic & immediate - any chance you had the key pressed part way in & you tried to turn it hard enough to jam it?? If there is a chance that caused it, then maybe giving it a squirt of silicone lube (or WD40 if you've got no other option) before jiggling it in & out with a little judicious force at the same time as trying to turn it left & right repeatedly with similarly judicious force might 'un-jam' it?? But again, there's a very fine line between applying enough force to get it moving again & too much force & breaking the key off somewhere inside, so watch that carefully and try not to break it!

Apart from that lot, only other thing I could suggest is to call a locksmith - my local bloke is a whiz on sorting jammed &/or broken car & m/bike locks, I've given him enough work over the years to fully train him & keep him in good practice! Oh, that's not cos I'm ham-fisted, but rather cos I often get to restore cars &/or bikes that're that far gone when they arrive - but if I can't lube & jiggle the locks free with some lube & a little judicious force, I really don't try too much else all that often - my local locksmith gets another call! I've learnt that it's cheaper in the long run that way! Yeah, orright - maybe upon reflection I am just a little ham-fisted!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Try moving the bars slightly while trying the key.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Thank you I’ll try that