Spyder Garage

Default Whats my spyder worth?

I'm most likely going to sell or trade my 2018 in for a 2021 RTL Petrol Blue(I need the leg room) and I just don't have clue what mine would actually be a good asking price for trade or to sell. I did communicate with Tim at Imotorsports and he said probably spring would be the best time and he asked me what I was looking for a trade amount, I didn't answer that question.
    *2018 RTL Dark Added comfort seat,arm rest,mud flap,wind deflectors,top trunk bag and shelf, Lamonster LED and fogs...... Less than 4000 miles.............................
    Thanks for any input!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member SteveLaoyster's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

KBB says $18.5k. Trade is $14.3k.
    AKA Jud Smales, Four Year Spyder Ryder!
    "Quando Omni Flunkus, Moritati"

The Critter 2016 RT-S
    Cat Bypass from Lamonster
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Hella dual horns with relay
    BRP Hitch with trailer module
    Foam Grips
    Adjustable Air Deflectors
    Driver & Passenger Gel Pads in Seat
    Shorty antenna
    Ultraguard half cover
    Gremlin bell from my son
    Break Stripe Kit from Wrap My Spyder
    2016 RT-S , stock not yet Pearl White

Spyder Garage

The best answer is...what someone is willing to pay for it.

The best area to get an idea is KBB or NADA blue books. The place between wholesale and private party is what you are most likely to get from a dealer if you trade...based on your negotiation skills.

Outright selling to a private party is what you will find is closest to the book.

Dealer selling price is always about $2K to $4K above wholesale...so the dealer can make a profit...how much, is up to the negotiations.

Farkles are worth 50% to nothing. Most dealers don't want to have them in the price. Low mileage will bring the price up a little...but don't count on it being a lot.

I always trade mine in to the dealer. I don't get as much as in a private party sale...but that comes with its own set of issues and problems. Titles, real money, etc.

iMoto is a good place...the local guys couldn't touch them. They are going to be as cagey as you...so be prepared to negotiate. It took two separate times, a month apart before I was willing to pull the trigger.

Keep in mind there is always some play in add-ons...high mark up equals deals struck. In both the purchase and the installation. I don't finance....but keep quiet about that until the deal is struck. Dealers can make extra if "they" arrange the financing. You should do some checking on your own...you may come up with a better rate. Save that piece for the end also.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-21-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Probably not as much as you want to get. Spyders have terrible resale and/or trade in value. And farkles add virtually nothing to resale value. Been there, done that. Good luck and hope you do well
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Several years ago when I run an ad for my 2 year old RT I started at about 17K..........after awhile, I got tired of dealing with hagglers and said first 15K cash takes it. Sold with few days with no more quibbling.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Well, I'm taking off the farkles so I'm pretty sure a 2021 will be in my future. Have been in contact with Tim from Imotorsports and will see.

IMG_20200822_113541.jpg
    IMG_20200822_110918.jpg

Stay tuned
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Well, I'm taking off the farkles so I'm pretty sure a 2021 will be in my future. Have been in contact with Tim from Imotorsports and will see.

IMG_20200822_113541.jpg
    IMG_20200822_110918.jpg

Stay tuned

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

To really simplify it, I figure the year model it is X 1000. So for example, if I wanted to list my 2016 RTS, I'd ask $16,000. If I had a really nice clean 2010 RT, I'd ask in the neighborhood of $10,000....and so on. Of course this is considering reasonable mileage and good, recorded up keep, as well as current with any BUDS updates. That's the way I look at it.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White