Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL - broken saddlebag latch...

Went to open the right hand saddlebag Saturday (after making sure it was unlocked) and the latch snapped off easily. Tried to open the left side and with the fear of breaking that latch tried to open it. Latch flexed/bent but saddle bag did NOT open.

Currently I dont used the saddlebags often. But in this case, I wanted to put some groceries in them.

Anyone else have this problem?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Metallic Dark

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I did see a post awhile back where someone did the same thing (broke both latches). I think their dealer fixed it under warrantee. They had issues with the fit of some panels back there also they said.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I am having lots of trouble with my left side case - it was extremely hard to open (but it worked) and I had a work order pending on it, waiting for the new rear plastic replacement to come in. Plastic got installed on Saturday however it totally jacked my left side case where it won't/can't open at all. The dealer has a ticket into BRP for guidance on repair and am waiting. It's 132 miles to the dealer each way and the temps were over 108 degrees when we rode there and back. The replacement plastic didn't appear to be a good fit at all. :0(
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This was the first post I saw whit a broken latch handle https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=broken+handle
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown