Spyder Garage

Default PA Covered Bridges Run

I have put together a Spyder Run that goes to 16 covered bridges in Eastern PA (Bucks County and Lehigh Valley)

I was thinking about making the run on Saturday, 3 October. Thought we could start with breakfast at Pat's Colonial Kitchen in Newtown PA which is close to the first bridge in Tyler State Park. From there, we head toward a bridge near Washington Crossing State Park and up River Road to six more bridges in Tinicum Township.

Thought we could stop for lunch at the Oak's Family Restaurant in Pipersville or Przyuski's in Ottsville,

From there we head toward Allentown, stopping at Knecht's Bridge near Pleasant Valley, where there are 5 more bridges.

Finally we head south to Perkasie and, finally, end up in New Britain near Doylestown.

Looks to be about 4.5 hours but with stops you can pretty much figure on a pretty full day.

Anyone interested?

Brian
    Last edited by irish2themax; 08-17-2009 at 11:24 AM.
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by irish2themax View Post
    I have put together a Spyder Run that goes to 16 covered bridges in Eastern PA (Bucks County and Lehigh Valley)

I was thinking about making the run on Saturday, 3 October. Thought we could start with breakfast at Pat's Colonial Kitchen in Newtown PA which is close to the first bridge in Tyler State Park. From there, we head toward a bridge near Washington Crossing State Park and up River Road to six more bridges in Tinicum Township.

Thought we could stop for lunch at the Oak's Family Restaurant in Pipersville or Przyuski's in Ottsville,

From there we head toward Allentown, stopping at Knecht's Bridge near Pleasant Valley, where there are 5 more bridges.

Finally we head south to Perkasie and, finally, end up in New Britain near Doylestown.

Looks to be about 4.5 hours but with stops you can pretty much figure on a pretty full day.

Anyone interested?

Brian
    Brian,
    You can count Bill and I in for the ryde. Sounds like a good day
    Thanks,
    Karen
    A happy owner

Spyder Garage

sounds like a good ride!What time breakfest ?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default covered bridges ride

I'm from Wilkes-Barre, where would be the best spot to meet up with the riders. Mickc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Give me a start address so I can MapSource it to see distance for me from North NJ, maybe I will do a weekend trip out of it.

Spyder Garage

We will be starting at

Pat's Colonial Kitchen
    127 S State St # 4
    Newtown, PA 18940-3574

GPS: N40.227241 W74.936632

1.5 hours from Guttenberg NJ
    2.25 hours from Wilkesbarre Airport but, if you drop out after the Allentown bridges, only 1.25 hours back
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God. God looked down upon Ireland and said "Damn, I'm good!"

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a neat ride--- might be interested---- but a bit close to Gatlinburg.

Spyder Garage

Need to check the calendar (and w the hubby) but sounds like fun. Get back to U

Laura

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy

If it were any other Saturday, we'd be there. We've talked of doing the Covered Bridges of Madison County. Never knew that PA also that them.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Bridge tour

I live in Macungie outside of Allentown, how long to get to starting point? My wife and I would really like to do this with other Spyder ryders. Need to know how early we need to get up to make it to Breakfest or just meet up with you when you get to Allentown. Thanks for the information. What time to meet in the morning?
    Last edited by Dukester; 08-18-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    I live in Macungie outside of Allentown, how long to get to starting point? My wife and I would really like to do this with other Spyder ryders. Need to know how early we need to get up to make it to Breakfest or just meet up with you when you get to Allentown. Thanks for the information. What time to meet in the morning?
    It's approx 1.5 hours from Macungie to Newtown. Was thinking of meeting there at 9 AM which means you'd have to leave at 7:30 AM

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Sounds like a neat ride--- might be interested---- but a bit close to Gatlinburg.
    Sorry but October weekends are full for me. Only weekend available

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

Default Nice

Sharon and I will be there if we are back from Guam.

Anyone interested?

Brian

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Would like to, might have to work

Starting to work weekends in Sept to end of Oct. 1 day off every 2 weeks have to wait to find out the schedule? From the York area.

Spyder Garage

Went over (through) the one in Tinicum township sunday you should tie the ride in with the old windmill in Holland Township NJ....yes NJ

Spyder Garage

Default Sounds like a fun time

Count me in, I live 5 minutes from Newtown ,Pa.
    There's parking on the street or in the back of Pat's in their parking lot. If there isn't enough space then park behind the Star Bucks which is on the corner at the light.
    You'll love driving River Road and going through New Hope, Pa.
    Last edited by Motza; 08-18-2009 at 10:02 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Cover Bridge tour

My wife and I are going to mark it on our calendar. We'll leave around 7:00.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Motza View Post
    Count me in, I live 5 minutes from Newtown ,Pa.
    There's parking on the street or in the back of Pat's in their parking lot. If there isn't enough space then park behind the Star Bucks which is on the corner at the light.
    You'll love driving River Road and going through New Hope, Pa.
    I grew up in Point Pleasant and my parents ran a gift shop in New Hope. LOVE the area but disturbed at the amount of new housing in the last several years.

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Spyder Garage

No Issue Irish on the new housing.... Every couple of years the Delaware shows them who is really in charge.
    Next time on River road look at the high water marks ...

Spyder Garage

I grew up in Point Pleasant and my parents ran a gift shop in New Hope. LOVE the area but disturbed at the amount of new housing in the last several years.
    Which gift shop did they own?

And we can always take the Spyders to Point Pleasant for a trip down the Delaware

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    No Issue Irish on the new housing.... Every couple of years the Delaware shows them who is really in charge.
    Tell me about it..did you see what happen to River Road up in Narrowsville...wiped out the road, and the trees on the islands looked as if a atomic bomb went off and everything was leaning to the right.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    I was 12 when the flood hit in '55...the highest watermark. Worked with the fire department evacuating people and moving furniture to higher floors (to no avail). Used me as a ruler...when the water reached my shoulders, it was time to move out. I was on the Pt Pleasant bridge went it went taking the two lost spans 1/4 mile down river. Never rebuilt it
    Last edited by irish2themax; 08-31-2009 at 10:02 AM.

2009 POW*MIA SE5

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Covered bridge ride

Quote Originally Posted by mickc View Post
    I'm from Wilkes-Barre, where would be the best spot to meet up with the riders. Mickc
    I don't live to far from you. hunlock Creek PA. I might have knee surgery. If not my Wife and I would like to go with you.