Spyder Garage

Default F3L Driver seat - any more comfortable options?

Seems like this doesn't have much in the way of give. Don't want to lose the feeling of sitting down in the bike, but are there better/more comfortable seat replacements?
    Pat
    Burp(Gone, but not forgotten) - Viper Red 2012 RT-S SE5
    B-2 - Intense Red Pearl 2016 RT-S SE6
    GP - Phoenix Orange 2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

I replaced mine with a BRP Cannonball at 500 miles. An improvement over OEM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Ah, yes, but I found NO difference between the Cannonball and stock. AR.

LL, just some food for thought.....many swear by the Ultimate seat, and it appears they have a “return if not satisfied” policy of some kind. Also, Corbin seats are quite low, but very hard, which suits some riders, but not too many....and the reports on here are that Corbin are not particularly customer focused. The only sure way to fix the issue is to get a custom seat like Laam or Daylong, but they usually lift you an inch or so to give you better support and comfort.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    Ah, yes, but I found NO difference between the Cannonball and stock. AR.

LL, just some food for thought.....many swear by the Ultimate seat, and it appears they have a “return if not satisfied” policy of some kind. Also, Corbin seats are quite low, but very hard, which suits some riders, but not too many....and the reports on here are that Corbin are not particularly customer focused. The only sure way to fix the issue is to get a custom seat like Laam or Daylong, but they usually lift you an inch or so to give you better support and comfort.

Pete
    That too. One persons pleasure is another persons torture.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

And there are seat add ons like the Airhawk seat cushion, and beads that help with comfort and cooling and a lot cheaper than a new seat.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I find the seat is too wide for my liking. It bothers my legs and cut the circulation to them , making long rides a little uncomfortable. So I found a product called purple (it is an egg crate like cushion) I bought the cushion for $80 and bought a cheap air hawk knock off for the cover. I cut the purple cushion to fit the cover . It raises my body about 2 inches and gives me more room so my legs are not so spread apart.

Spyder Garage

Have a mustang seat for sale,huge improvement over stock

Spyder Garage

I have the Seth Laam custom seat. Very comfortable. Looks great to. He kept it at stock height and had it put back 1/2 inch. 500 bucks include custom made rider seat and recover passenger seat to match. Included shipping back.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Russell day long. Super comfortable. Not cheap, but fantastic! Easy 750 mile days. Happen to have one available. In leather, with heat and a backrest! Paid 1400+, asking 850. Great saddle!
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3ntune View Post
    Have a mustang seat for sale,huge improvement over stock
    Mustang seats are great. Never had one I did not like. Mine were on two wheelers.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 08-17-2020 at 10:05 AM.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That too. One persons pleasure is another persons torture.
    You know the old nursery rhyme.

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains EXCITE me!

Spyder Garage

OK, thanks for the responses. Had an Airhawk for my 2012 RT, and it helped, some. Eventually went to the Ultimate, and still used the Airhawk some. Unfortunately, I guess I left it in the trunk, when I sold it, sooo. I guess I'll get a new one and start the cycle over again.
    Pat

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    I have the Seth Laam custom seat. Very comfortable. Looks great to. He kept it at stock height and had it put back 1/2 inch. 500 bucks include custom made rider seat and recover passenger seat to match. Included shipping back.
    Just out of curiousity since an F3 may be in my future (if I ever get a chance to test ride one), any idea how this compares to the RDL seat for us fat arse people? Seems like the Laam seat is worlds cheaper. I know RDL adds some sort of metal suspension on the fat guy seats but didn't see anything mentioned like this on the Laam site. If I end up w/an F3T/L, I don't want to spend $500+ just to see if it works. I'm 99.9% sure an RDL seat would work well but that's a lot of green and well out of any budget I might have (unless I win the lottery). All I see Laam talking about is multiple layers of foam.

Spyder Garage

Monk: if you make it to the Mag Val rally in Oct, I hope to be there with a stock F3T and you can give it a try. Prob be too tight for you as I am 175 and find I would like a bit more room. However, i don't ride long any more so it works well enough.

LLSailor: have you tried a sheep skin? I've used them for years and find they add a bit more comfort, but more important is they are cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Monk: if you make it to the Mag Val rally in Oct, I hope to be there with a stock F3T and you can give it a try. Prob be too tight for you as I am 175 and find I would like a bit more room. However, i don't ride long any more so it works well enough.

LLSailor: have you tried a sheep skin? I've used them for years and find they add a bit more comfort, but more important is they are cooler in summer and warmer in winter.
    Might have to see if I can find the one I bought for the 12. Have to be cut and new straps, but it's an idea. Gate guard at the post asked if I'd run over a grizzly bear...
    Pat

Spyder Garage

I used to have Rick Mayer seats on my bikes but he quit making them. I have an AirHawk on my F3L and it works for me (worked for me on a trip to AK on a different bike as well.) Russell Daylong's are the undisputed best butt as was said, EXPENSIVE.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ulflyer View Post
    Not sure if I can get any time off of work but if so, I'll look you up.

Spyder Garage

Air Hawk seat cushion question. Which style works best for the F3? They make threes sizes cruiser large, medium and small. I think I understood on a blog somewhere that even though the large seems like the size to use, the medium may be better suited foe the F3. Any comments from users?

I may purchase a new next spring but my wife is really comfortable with the stock seat (I really don’t want to change this) and I’m only mildly uncomfortable. So a $100 pad may do the trick. If the pad fails to meet my needs I can use it on the lawn mower.

Poasttown
    2019 F3L

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, is there a difference between a stock F3L seat and the Can Am Cannonball seats as far as comfort and width?
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerchris1270 View Post
    So, is there a difference between a stock F3L seat and the Can Am Cannonball seats as far as comfort and width?
    Just bear in mind that while ARTraveller found an improvement over stock with the Cannonball, I found very little difference. We are all different. If you are happy to try many different seats until (if) you find one that suits, that’s great, Chris. I am past that stage and now simply factor the cost of a custom seat into any new purchase.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Just out of curiousity since an F3 may be in my future (if I ever get a chance to test ride one), any idea how this compares to the RDL seat for us fat arse people? Seems like the Laam seat is worlds cheaper. I know RDL adds some sort of metal suspension on the fat guy seats but didn't see anything mentioned like this on the Laam site. If I end up w/an F3T/L, I don't want to spend $500+ just to see if it works. I'm 99.9% sure an RDL seat would work well but that's a lot of green and well out of any budget I might have (unless I win the lottery). All I see Laam talking about is multiple layers of foam.
    I'm 5' 9" 225 and it is as good as my Daylong I had on my RTS.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Poasttown View Post
    Air Hawk seat cushion question. Which style works best for the F3? They make threes sizes cruiser large, medium and small. I think I understood on a blog somewhere that even though the large seems like the size to use, the medium may be better suited foe the F3. Any comments from users?

I may purchase a new next spring but my wife is really comfortable with the stock seat (I really don’t want to change this) and I’m only mildly uncomfortable. So a $100 pad may do the trick. If the pad fails to meet my needs I can use it on the lawn mower.

Poasttown
    2019 F3L
    Airhawk L's are perfect for our F3-S. They make a huge difference in comfort.

My Mods:
    Elka Stage 5 rear shock with spring preload adjust
    Monster Stage 2 ECU
    Pedal Commander
    RLS cat delete
    Baja Ron sway bar
    Baker Air Wings upper and lower
    Viking saddle bags
    Third pegs
    Vredestein tires front and rear
    Mad Stad windshield
    X-creen windshield deflector
    Front and rear drive cam
    Garmin Zumo XT
    Heated gear wiring
    Lamonster LED headlights
    Lamonster LED foglights
    Lamonster frame mount cupholder
    BRP heated handgrips
    Lamonster drivers backrest
    BRP passenger backrest
    Lidlock handlebar end helmet locks
    Barkbusters Storm handguards
    2020 F3S-SS , Titanium/Black

Spyder Garage

Do you still have this seat ?? What model and year does it fit ?? Where are you located ??
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-08-2020 at 10:24 PM. Reason: ar eyo?! are you. ;)