Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Replaced solenoid ..went to start and click nothing..Its going to shop on Wed I hope they can fix it Wife really likes it..If not Hello Goldwing trike!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Just Shoot it!

Quote Originally Posted by wilpir View Post
    Went for a early morning ride 1 hour into it and got brake failer message..engine warning message..flashing reverse light..flashing neutral light..E in gear indicator..and wouldnt shift out of 2nd or third gear!!! needless to say made it back home ...WTH!!! Any thoughts or should I take out to desert and shoot it!! LOL..only 10000 miles on it...
    I am not a do-it-yourself girl when it comes to this bike. I take it to the ONLY place that can work on them, and that's the dealer. Last week, (because we have been trying for 3 years now to fix the problems of the BRAKE FAILURE message) we had it in the shop, yet again, and they even had to call BRP to get help. They updated their BUDs 1 and BUDs 2 system and updated my bike's 'firmware'. They took it on two ea. 4 mile test drives with NO CODES!!! EURIKA! We left the next day for a 500 mile trip to our state CMA rally, and 16 miles in to the trip, the light came on again! I HAVE HAD IT with this bike! I don't know what to do anymore. We've replaced brakes, bled brakes, replaced covers, topped off fluids, fixed e-brake cable, and had the dealer monkey around with things for the last 3 years, and nothing has worked. I say it's time to shoot it! I'm pretty sure the bullets will bounce off the tupperware though.

Spyder Garage

I gotta ask, cos I can't see anywhere that says you've actually tried... but have you added a couple of teaspoons full of brake fluid to the brake reservoirs under the seat after it looks like they're full & topped up to the correct level?? These things are really tempremental with regard to that brake fluid level; juuuust a tiny smidge low, even if it's only as you accelerate &/or ride thru a curve with some centrifugal force acting on the level, & you can get all sorts of spurious 'brake failure' messages - anything up to and including dumping it into Limp Home Mode or even not letting you move it at all!! And they are equally as tempremental about the brake pedal - the return spring might 'feel' plenty strong enough to hold it up/return it when you're stopped, but what about when you're bouncing it along thru the bumps as you ryde??! Then again, just resting your boot alongside the pedal/touching it as you ride has been known to do all of the above too!

Still, I reckon it's sounding more'n more like you've got a dodgy sensor/sticky micro-switch somewhere, and so far, from what you've told us about this, it sounds like the dealer has been a tad less than 'pro-active' & has only been chasing physical/mechanical problems, and not looking for or at whatever sensor/s &/or circuit/s could be acting up to give you all this trouble.... . Anyone else within a few hours travel?

Buuut, if you've lost confidence in this Spyder, I'da thunk your best bet would be to get rid of it - you might be surprised at what you can get as a trade in on it thru a dealer who has a good tech who reckons they can fix it.... sure, maybe not your local dealer but you certainly wouldn't be the first or only person ever to upgrade their Spyder thru a dealer who's not their local and who might even be a fair way if not a loooong way off! Hey, even here in Oz some of us have been known to travel over 1000 miles to go to a 'better' dealer than our local; and we don't really have any dealers who'll do all the trade-in stuff by remote, then pick up the trade & deliver your new Spyder from the other side of the country like you lot do!! Talk about spoiled!

Over to you.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I've filled my brake res always after message comes on sometimes it works sometimes not...usually (not always) takes 7-8 times doing the reset for it to work...the electrical problems I'm having I hope can be found tomorrow at dealer? Their p/u in morning fingers crossed!!

Spyder Garage

Got it to the dealer..Turns out the battery I put in had 2 bad cells/wont take a charge. Brakes need bleeding ..gear position sensor needs replacing..and new battery installed,,Total with tow to dealer $1326.00.. Hope this really fixes it...1st battery I bought the Optima I got my money back from online vender....

Spyder Garage

Got it to the dealer..Turns out the battery I put in had 2 bad cells/wont take a charge. Brakes need bleeding ..gear position sensor needs replacing..and new battery installed,,Total with tow to dealer $1326.00.. Hope this really fixes it...1st battery I bought the Optima I got my money back from online vender....
    I hope this is the end of your problems for now!!! Go ride that thing!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Will do!.. wife is happy !(All that matters)

Spyder Garage

Still waiting for dealer to fix they had to order gear position sensor jeez how long is this gonna take?

Spyder Garage

Still waiting for dealer to fix they had to order gear position sensor jeez how long is this gonna take?
    Took my local dealer (Blackman's in Emmaus PA) about 8 days to get mine in.