Spyder Garage

Default New to me RTS kinda freaked out ????

So picked up the new to me bike Saturday 2015 RTS. Had just came home with the spousal unit and came inside. Went outside to park it started it up and saw a pic of the bike in orange in the bottom of the screen, Said rear cargo door was open and wouldn't let me go into gear. Air suspensions started raising and lowering like it had a mind of its own. So I turned it off and verified the rear trunk was closed, ( opened and closed it again ) turned key to on and no faults or prompts and started up shifted into reverse no problem. Did the comp just have a brain fart ? Has anyone had this problem and should I have any concern?
    Thanks

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Transam87020 View Post
    So picked up the new to me bike Saturday 2015 RTS. Had just came home with the spousal unit and came inside. Went outside to park it started it up and saw a pic of the bike in orange in the bottom of the screen, Said rear cargo door was open and wouldn't let me go into gear. Air suspensions started raising and lowering like it had a mind of its own. So I turned it off and verified the rear trunk was closed, ( opened and closed it again ) turned key to on and no faults or prompts and started up shifted into reverse no problem. Did the comp just have a brain fart ? Has anyone had this problem and should I have any concern?
    Thanks
    Well I seem to forget the close the rear trunk ALL the time .... and get the orange message in the odometer box .... but it doesn't effect wither or not it will move .... I have a 14 RT .... maybe they added that feature in 15 ............ Mike

Spyder Garage

saw the open cargo box earlier no problem as it was running, closed box and off i went. This showed the bike on the bottom of screen. The freaky part was when the air suspension started raising and lowering with a mind of its own. Just went out and started it again no problem. May be a hiccup, maybe 2 many inputs with the cargo open earlier and trying to get it into reverse at same time .....

Spyder Garage

Read the operator's guide and see what it says, if anything, about the situation. If you don't have one you can download it here: http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...adster&type=og.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well I seem to forget the close the rear trunk ALL the time .... and get the orange message in the odometer box .... but it doesn't effect wither or not it will move .... I have a 14 RT .... maybe they added that feature in 15 ............ Mike
    just checked owners manual no mention of it. Ill just keep riding until something changes. maybe a code will pop, we'll see.
    Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Interesting that the air suspension moved.

On our '17 RT-S, the engine has to be running, the transmission has to be in gear and the parking brake has to be off before the suspension will react to inputs from the switch.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Thanks, working out of town. Will see on Monday if any issues arise.