Spyder Garage

Default Headlight Question - are these fogs or what??

OK, just picked up my 2018 Can Am Spyder RT yesterday and have my first question. Please refer to the picture below.

-2021-aug-25-001.jpg

In the picture, there are two sets of lights, let's call them the upper and lower. The upper are the headlights. On my handle bars is a toggle switch for the lights. The middle position I believe is for low beam. Toggle up and it turns on the high beams. If you toggle the switch down, the lower lights only remain on as long as you hold the toggle switch. I thought they were the fog lights, but the manual says it's only to flash the high beams. Does that mean the bike does not have fog lights? Is there a way to add them somehow?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Look down at the row of switches. Last switch on the right. Page 26.

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

Note too that the Note, second para in 13), top left of page, says the switch cluster is operational only when the engine is running. The functions the switch cluster activates draw a lot of juice. You have a Limited; it comes with fog lights.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys, I forgot all about those 2 switches.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If I'm reading your description correctly, something isn't right. The top position of the toggle is high beam, the middle, as you say, is for low beam, and the bottom is momentary to flash the high beam. That toggle switch has nothing to do with the fog lights. The European version uses the lower lights for low beam and they have no fog light. The lower lights are fog lights and the switch to turn them on and off is part of the dash switch group. If your lights don't conform to this description have the dealer check things out.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)