Spyder Garage

Default If any of you are using Reddit

Came across of a sub on Reddit dedicated to Can-Am Spyder, if you are using that platform, feel free to join the discussion there https://www.reddit.com/r/spyder/

PS I'm not trying to move people away from this forum, it's wonderful, very helpful and irreplaceable resource. The Reddit sub just another way to communicate, especially if you are using the app already.
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL
    2009 Yamaha V-Star 1300T (sold)
    2007 Yamaha V-Star 650 (sold)

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"
    2020 RTL , Asphalt Grey Metallic

Spyder Garage

I not only don't have it but have not reddit either.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

LMAO
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

More power to you, but it seems to be a very dead thread with almost no activity or content. Better to go the SpyderLovers page on FB if that kind of a format is more to your liking. I don't see much benefit in new venues that will just split us up, but if it works for you then enjoy.
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MRH View Post
    More power to you, but it seems to be a very dead thread with almost no activity or content. Better to go the SpyderLovers page on FB if that kind of a format is more to your liking. I don't see much benefit in new venues that will just split us up, but if it works for you then enjoy.
    I found it abandoned and archived, trying to revive. I'm not using FB, and never will. This forum is great, but having additional platform like Reddit would drive engagement among mobile users. I'll cross reference this forum on Reddit sub.
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TXGreatRide View Post
    I found it abandoned and archived, trying to revive. I'm not using FB, and never will. This forum is great, but having additional platform like Reddit would drive engagement among mobile users. I'll cross reference this forum on Reddit sub.
    Let me see if I have this right. You want to start what amounts to a new forum on Spyder, for people who engage on mobile and don't want to be on FB? In general, that's a small group, and amoung a largely older and male Spyder demographic that has to be super-low.

I've found all sorts of Spyder forums on FB, and most don't even have a single post in a day.

I've found that change and complexity (and more platforms increases complexity) tend to kill conversation, rather than creating it. Years ago, there were TWO very busy newsgroups I was a part of, and both went to a format like this site and died in the transition.

I may be wrong, but I just don't think there are many Spyder riders who use Reddit, or would think to go there.

This site has 22K members, so think about how many users it takes to hit a critical mass of frequent users. I think that has to be well over 10% of the Spyders that have been sold worldwide, and many here have owned more than one Spyder.

https://www.canamspyderforums.com and https://www.spydertalk.com both seem to have a small fraction of what we have here. We all want a lot of activity, so we tend to go where the activity is, rather than somewhere new hoping it will show up.

Isn't there an app for this site for mobile use, anyway?

Help me out, because I honestly just don't get it. What will you or others gain by adding another place to discuss Spyders?
    2020 RT Limited in the ultra cool Deep Marsala Dark edition.

Baja Ron Anti-Sway Bar, LED reflectors, Lamonster USB Charger (and phone mount), Can-Am Low Windshield, X-Creen Tour Variable Windscreen Spoiler Blade, Power Commander, Dilithium powered Flux Capacitor (not yet fully functional).
    Maintained by Lou at Pirate Powersports.

Spyder Garage

I actually like reddit. It is a good compliment imo. Here on the forum there are longer and more in depth discussions, but reddit is at least as I see it a great place to quickly share for example pictures from a trip, a new feature you installed etc...
    When I got 5 minutes waiting at a bus stop etc the reddit app is just a click away.
    Not to step on anyones toes, but maybe it is a forum that attracts a younger generation?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have no idea about an app for this site, but I do have a question about similar apps.

I do have a few retailer's apps and have found very few "advantages" over their normal websites. I have never explored the apps for the forums that I visit regularly, but I do see them mentioned. I do occasionally visit these forums using Safari and have no problems at all. How would a dedicated app change that for the better?

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Greven View Post
    I actually like reddit. It is a good compliment imo. Here on the forum there are longer and more in depth discussions, but reddit is at least as I see it a great place to quickly share for example pictures from a trip, a new feature you installed etc...
    When I got 5 minutes waiting at a bus stop etc the reddit app is just a click away.
    Not to step on anyones toes, but maybe it is a forum that attracts a younger generation?
    That's exactly it!
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Let me see if I have this right. You want to start what amounts to a new forum on Spyder, for people who engage on mobile and don't want to be on FB? In general, that's a small group, and amoung a largely older and male Spyder demographic that has to be super-low.

I've found all sorts of Spyder forums on FB, and most don't even have a single post in a day.

I've found that change and complexity (and more platforms increases complexity) tend to kill conversation, rather than creating it. Years ago, there were TWO very busy newsgroups I was a part of, and both went to a format like this site and died in the transition.

I may be wrong, but I just don't think there are many Spyder riders who use Reddit, or would think to go there.

This site has 22K members, so think about how many users it takes to hit a critical mass of frequent users. I think that has to be well over 10% of the Spyders that have been sold worldwide, and many here have owned more than one Spyder.

https://www.canamspyderforums.com and https://www.spydertalk.com both seem to have a small fraction of what we have here. We all want a lot of activity, so we tend to go where the activity is, rather than somewhere new hoping it will show up.

Help me out, because I honestly just don't get it. What will you or others gain by adding another place to discuss Spyders?
    Well, like I said before, I don't believe that people will abandon this forum, however offering a more agile and mobile-friendly platform that allows communicating with ease, share photos at your fingertips, and have dynamic discussion wouldn't hurt either. You might be right about the current state, the majority of riders on this forum might be old school, but trust me, younger ryders would prefer something like Reddit over old-school vBulletin driven board. I think that more platforms ids better. And this forum doesn't work well on mobile, have restriction on image size, amount of DM and not supporting the TapaTalk app anymore.
    2020 Can-Am Spyder RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TXGreatRide View Post
    Well, like I said before, I don't believe that people will abandon this forum, however offering a more agile and mobile-friendly platform that allows communicating with ease, share photos at your fingertips, and have dynamic discussion wouldn't hurt either. You might be right about the current state, the majority of riders on this forum might be old school, but trust me, younger ryders would prefer something like Reddit over old-school vBulletin driven board. I think that more platforms ids better. And this forum doesn't work well on mobile, have restriction on image size, amount of DM and not supporting the TapaTalk app anymore.
    .......???...so....?????

Richard

* 2012 RS SE5 (hers)
    * 2013 ST SM5 (mine)

Daughter RSS SE5 2014
    Son in law RSS SM5 2013

P.S. 3 Kumho AST 225/50R15 and 1 Toyo Proxies 4 225/50R15 rear tires
    2 sets of Kumho 175/55R15 front tires
    1 set of Hankook V4
    1 set of Canadian Tire General tire Evertrek RTX in 14" for the 2012 ...