Thread: Squeaky brakes

Spyder Garage

Default Squeaky brakes

I rode down a dusty/gravel road the other day and now my brakes squeek. I have not done anything yet to fix it. What should i try first?

Spyder Garage

slam on the brakes a few times from about 20mph. got rid of my squeak after doing it twice

Dave

Spyder Garage

Hose everything off good with some mild soap. Dust will cause brake squeal, regardless of the source.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I gave the ryker a good wash spraying the wheels and brake area.. then went for a 15 minute ride and heard to squeaky brakes. Thanks for the tips. Thats what i thought i should do but just thought I should ask first.

Spyder Garage

I also have the squeaky brakes. washing and hard braking will sometimes help but they always come back. idk what would fix it other than changing pads.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mjl99 View Post
    I also have the squeaky brakes. washing and hard braking will sometimes help but they always come back. idk what would fix it other than changing pads.
    Your issue is typical. You can change pads but will probably end up in the same place. There are a number of things you can do. Applying CRC Brake Quiet (or similar) to the back side of the pads, sanding the rotors with some Emory paper, spraying the rotors with CRC Brakleen. Be sure your pad to caliper friction surfaces are clean, smooth, and have a good (thin) film of Anti-Seize applied to them.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Your issue is typical. You can change pads but will probably end up in the same place. There are a number of things you can do. Applying CRC Brake Quiet (or similar) to the back side of the pads, sanding the rotors with some Emory paper, spraying the rotors with CRC Brakleen. Be sure your pad to caliper friction surfaces are clean, smooth, and have a good (thin) film of Anti-Seize applied to them.
    I figured. thats typically what i do with the brakes on all my cars. now I'll have to get the socket to remove the wheels first. not too worried about it until its time to change pads tho.