Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    The front ones are no problem, it's the back one, it has a small bore hole in the hub, that's the fly in the soup!!!! Needs a small shaft on the balancer to mount it on!
    For a long time there were no tire shops in my area that could balance the front tires. The back plate on the balancer is bowl shaped and the Spyder front rim hubs are too small a diameter to fit against the machined surface. They require a special adapter to work. So yes the fronts are a problem depending on what your tire shop has for equipment.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hmm, Billy, not that I'm really concerned, but back to square one with the dealer and Knines I guess, not the worst thing that could happen. I have the OEM Kenda's and I can't feel any problems, so I guess if ain't broke, etc....

Spyder Garage

I am lucky. I have an independent motorcycle repair shop 1/2 hour away. Their tire balance machine will spin balance the rear tire and they bought the adapters to balance the fronts.

In the past I have used my local tire shop to change tires. I took the wheels off myself. To balance I have used Ride On in the tires. I did not like that. It would shake on cooler days until the stuff moved around. I also used beads. If I had to I would use them again.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Hmm, Billy, not that I'm really concerned, but back to square one with the dealer and Knines I guess, not the worst thing that could happen. I have the OEM Kenda's and I can't feel any problems, so I guess if ain't broke, etc....
    ( I won't use any Kenda tire, for many reasons ) .... but most Kenda tires will be OK .... the problem is Kenda spyder tires have the worst " defect rate " of any tire I've ever heard of. So the likelihood of you getting one is abnormally high compared to any Auto tire ( some are better than others ). ... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike, you guys that have all the miles of experience are worth the attention, I know how Peter Auwen (sp) feels about them. For the fronts, I will sure shop around, cell phone is my friend.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike, you guys that have all the miles of experience are worth the attention, I know how Peter Auwen (sp) feels about them. For the fronts, I will sure shop around, cell phone is my friend.
    Yes Peter Aawen and I are on the same page where tires are concerned..... and a few other things as well ......... Mike

Spyder Garage

if I could find an independent dealer in Florida, I'd sure give him a shot. When the time comes I will ask my dealer if he will install if I bring the tire.
    I edited your quote, but wanted to share Riva Yamaha in Pompano over the phone said they would mount any tire I brought in. Haven't actually done it yet, but that's my plan in a few thousand miles.

Spyder Garage

I have almost 8000 miles on my rear Kanine. Looks like I might get 12000 miles out of this tire. I have run it in the rain just a few times with no problems. I'm running 29 PSI in it. It is wearing the center out first, but as I look around at the auto tires on spyders, they all seem to wear the center out faster than the outer edges. My Spyder runs very smooth, but I don't see any weights on the rim, so I'm not sure if the dealer balanced it or not. I have been in the tire business enough to know that very few tires require NO weights to zero out the balancer. Either way it is smooth. I am happy with this tire and at this point I will replace it with another if I get 12000 out of this one. On a separate note my front tires are still Kenda OEM's and are doing well at 16000+ miles. I have rebalanced them at somewhere around 8 to 10000 miles. I have had to rotate the front tires because of a wear lip on the forward edge. (I know this means I was running them backwards.) I will replace them all when I get to around 21000 miles along with a laser alignment. I may even replace them with a 21 RTL, they look really sweet and I love the new larger and removable rear tour pack. lol
    2021 RTL Chrome Deep Marsala
    HELI Bars
    Garmin Zumo XT
    USB power port
    Front fender lights & Sequential turn signals
    Front LED Auxiliary light
    Flashing brake module TricLED
    Baha Ron sway bar
    belt tensioner
    RLS muffler

2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Let us hope they are not buying anymore. And they don't have a long term contract for the current tires. I'd hesitate to put my Ryker Kenda's on a field wagon.
    You ride a Ryker too? Wasn't going into burning buildings dangerous enough?

Spyder Garage

Old
    2021 RTL
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Old
    2021 RTL

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Old
    2021 RTL
    The thread title & original topic is "Are Kenda K20 Kanines installed as OEM tires on the 2020 Spyders?" and I believe that Bluewoo is simply answering the question.

For what it's worth, I agree with the earlier conjecture that while there may have been some new Spyders sold that were fitted with Kenda Kanines as 'test mules', the majority of 2020 & on Spyders are STILL being fitted with the crappy OE Spec Kenda tires!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I picked up my 2020 RT 2 weeks ago. They have the old Kendras. I'm convinced they are made from recycled legos! They're going in the trash very soon!
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    BRP probably has at least a one year supply of the old Crapenda tires.
    Lets hope the warehouse has a fire ... a big fire
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White