Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Are Kenda K20 Kanines installed as OEM tires on the 2020 Spyders?

I know I've read this somewhere but can't locate the specific thread. Can any of you 2020 RT owners verify whether or not the new Kenda K20 Kanines are being factory installed on the new 2020 Spyder RT? If not, then what? Thanks
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No confirmation maybe on some demo models that was reported so far

Spyder Garage

Still a good question, but unanswered at the moment.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

My 2020 RT Limited came with the old Kendas, not the Kanines. I purchase at the beginning of May.

Spyder Garage

I have the old Kendas on my 2020 RTL.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Well, that seems to answer the question. Thanks
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

It appears that a few dealerships received demo models with Kanines installed. We were all hoping this would be the case with all factory units. But it appears that this is not going to happen anytime soon.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

The few 2021s I have seen also have the original Kenda tires.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

They will run out of the old ones...some day.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I picked up my 2020 RTL in March of this year.
    It came with the original Kenda tires on it.
    The tires were changed before I drove it off the lot.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I picked up my 2020 RTL early June and it has the original Kendas on it, as others have reported.

Spyder Garage

BRP probably has at least a one year supply of the old Crapenda tires.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    BRP probably has at least a one year supply of the old Crapenda tires.
    Let us hope they are not buying anymore. And they don't have a long term contract for the current tires. I'd hesitate to put my Ryker Kenda's on a field wagon.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I'd hesitate to put my Ryker Kenda's on a field wagon.
    Why? It would be a good chance to show people how kind you are to animals. "Hey look. These tires are so soft they don't even crush a field mouse!"

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Am I missing something here? Most of the posts seem to infer that the Kenda Kanine is better then the Kenda OE tire. Other then some marketing hype. How do you know that? Has there been some testing or other data that I have missed? I have never really had any trouble with the Kenda OE rear tire other then price. I have had lots of trouble with the fronts. I recently installed a Kenda Kanine rear on my 2018 F3L. It feels the same, grips the same, squeals the same and maybe handles standing water better. But that is all subjective. I don't know of anyone that has worn one out yet. So are they going to last longer as claimed? The fronts will they be any better? The OE fronts are fine until something shifts or the belt breaks and they start to shake. No amount of balancing will fix that. The Kanines are made by the same company. Will they do the same thing? Sure lets get lots of folks trying them out and lets see what happens. Maybe they are better. The real advantage is the Kanine is available from independent repair shops at a lot lower price point. But are they better? I think it is too soon to tell.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    Has there been some testing or other data that I have missed?
    There have been quite a few threads documenting real world "testing". Other than long term testing, the results look very promising.

Spyder Garage

Based on what I have read solely on SL, I would say there are at least 20 people that are "beta testing" the new Kanines. Good results to help with determinations will happen between 15K and 20K on these machines.

Ride more folks...it's for the good of the site. and Thanks in advance.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I have now mounted 2 sets for customers. We will NOT be stocking the new Kanines. Quality control and build quality is no better than the original Kendas. Both rears took over 4oz to balance. One was noticeably out of round when spun on the balance machine with the tread veering from side to side as well. Worse, the latest one had a yellow dot marking weight alignment to the valve stem. It was in the wrong location as moving the tire on the rim so that the yellow dot was on the opposite side reduced the weight required by a full ounce. Still over 4.

Sorry, but the Kanines are CRAP and no top tier manufacture would let tires leave the factory so poorly made. They will not be on my bike and I will not stock them at our shop. We will continue to sell top tier Yokohama tires with a far better build quality and longevity and at better prices.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

hi I did install the new Kanines front and back only 1.0z front and back, ride and handling 100% better the the old tires.now want to see how long they last
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Good point about the wheel weights. Forgot to mention that. I did not count them but there is a big double wide row of them. Was not surprised it was a Kenda after all.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Just bought a 2020 F3 and still had the “old” Kendas on it! Plan on replacing fronts ASAP! Back when I find a shop to do it!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    I have now mounted 2 sets for customers. We will NOT be stocking the new Kanines. Quality control and build quality is no better than the original Kendas. Both rears took over 4oz to balance. One was noticeably out of round when spun on the balance machine with the tread veering from side to side as well. Worse, the latest one had a yellow dot marking weight alignment to the valve stem. It was in the wrong location as moving the tire on the rim so that the yellow dot was on the opposite side reduced the weight required by a full ounce. Still over 4.

Sorry, but the Kanines are CRAP and no top tier manufacture would let tires leave the factory so poorly made. They will not be on my bike and I will not stock them at our shop. We will continue to sell top tier Yokohama tires with a far better build quality and longevity and at better prices.
    I wish your shop was in Maine!!!! I sucks trying to fine some one to mount a car tire on one of these bikes.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My OE 20 RTL Kendas will wear out one of these days, if I could find an independent dealer in Florida, I'd sure give him a shot, but seems I'm stuck with my dealer and will probably have to work with him on the Kenda's. There's just no way I'm pulling that rear wheel. When the time comes I will ask my dealer if he will install if I bring the tire. Fronts should not be a problem to pull an take to the tire store, but then can they balance? We shall see.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    My OE 20 RTL Kendas will wear out one of these days, if I could find an independent dealer in Florida, I'd sure give him a shot, but seems I'm stuck with my dealer and will probably have to work with him on the Kenda's. There's just no way I'm pulling that rear wheel. When the time comes I will ask my dealer if he will install if I bring the tire. Fronts should not be a problem to pull an take to the tire store, but then can they balance? We shall see.
    The front ones are no problem, it's the back one, it has a small bore hole in the hub, that's the fly in the soup!!!! Needs a small shaft on the balancer to mount it on!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good to know, thanks.