Thread: Audio control

Spyder Garage

Default Audio control

I have a 2019 f3 limited witch you know has audio control with joystick on handlebars. Just curious if it would be feasible to install the same audio control that comes on the 2020 units mounted on the tank cover.
    Also, while removing the cover where coolant reservoir is located, I noticed there is a battery maintainer connection cord already installed. Does BRP install these or maybe dealer, just curious.
    2019 F3 limited , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't use the BRP audio so the secondary, tank mounted controls wouldn't do me any good but I would think you could add them to your '19 with enough time, talent and money. I'm not sure it would be worth the cost and effort. It might even be cheaper to buy a 2020.

The SAE plug would have been added by your dealer. Nice of him.

Spyder Garage

I don't have a wiring diagram for a 2020. But somehow the the 2020 tank audio control needs to connect into the can-bus. It may be a smart module and is directly connected to the can. More likely just a plain harness comes out of it and connects to another smart module. Likely the left handlebar controls. Anyways that wiring and connectors will not be there. If the tank controls are smart. Will the 2019 modules be programmed to interact with the tank audio controls.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Probably wouldn't be cheap. The 2020's are very different. As mentioned, might as well buy a new one. If the battery maintainer cable is black with one exposed terminal then it is a Battery Tender jr plug.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red