Thread: Disappointed

Spyder Garage

Default Disappointed

Disappointed the recent tire pressure topic was closed by CopperSpyder.

This topic was one of the very few that brought forth variables beyond this 4 psi suggestion. Variables that were validated by Peter and could be a determining factor in optimizing tire pressures beyond the often quoted suggestion by others.

While CopperSpyder sided with the original topic poster once another member brought up politics and COVID unnecessarily, the topic became doomed and was quickly closed.

Sad to see the situation unfold as it did, it was actually nice to read more details and bring forward these variables in pressures, to let others decide on the safest, non Can Am published tire pressure, that they could possibly determine / run.

All the best to those of you wanting to try or use this tire science method, or more correctly, accurately use this tire science method.

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When in doubt seems the mods could just delete the offending comments. However, I must say the mods here are more tolerant than the gl1800riders, those guys are brutal. As a new owner of the 2020 Spyder, I just don't go there often. All readers can do is soldier on, I guess there has to be some control or subjects and opinions go wild. Cheers!

Spyder Garage

The thread in question appears to have been closed at the request of the OP.

On some subjects, there are posters with very strong opinions. Sometimes...other things get thrown in as a bonus. Politics and Covid had no place in the discussion.

We try to let threads run and run...but sometimes????

As our friend Kermit the frog said:

"It aint easy being green." We get dumped on sometimes right or wrong.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I found the thread late, after it had been closed.
    I agree, all too often politics or other extraneous material gets stirred into these threads.
    And yes, it seems to be just a couple of individuals
    When I found the thread I knew it was a hot one, since half the posts were on my "ignore" list.
    I love the "ignore" list. If I had a list like that in real life, I'd probably still be married.
    Still, it's disappointing how easy everyone gets triggered these days.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

AR totally agree w/you, and perhaps I did not word my comment very well, sort of a back door attaboy compared to 'other forums'. Not meant to offend of the any of the mods here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    AR totally agree w/you, and perhaps I did not word my comment very well, sort of a back door attaboy compared to 'other forums'. Not meant to offend of the any of the mods here.
    No harm, no foul. No one is angry that I know of. Just an explanation as to how this one worked out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    The thread in question appears to have been closed at the request of the OP.

On some subjects, there are posters with very strong opinions. Sometimes...other things get thrown in as a bonus. Politics and Covid had no place in the discussion.

We try to let threads run and run...but sometimes????

As our friend Kermit the frog said:

"It aint easy being green." We get dumped on sometimes right or wrong.
    Most times, this place does well with moderation. I created this topic, because, as titled, I was disappointed the topic closed. I could go back and reread the post from the OP, did not see where he asked it to be closed, rather CopperSpyder closed it. In post #44, is where CopperSpyder opted to do this at no ones request.

Regardless, what is done is done. My disappointment stems more from concerns of the possibilities of folks running tire pressures too low creating a safety issue. All good if owners accomplish this 4 psi test as needed, but not good if owners sheeple and mimic the 16 psi others are recommending without properly testing for accurate results on their Spyder.

As I already mentioned, Peter did admit that there are many factors in obtaining the correct cold tire psi based on this 4 psi guideline. Since it seems there are many differences between riders, locations, vehicle weights, tires used and more, again these variables create a safety concern in my opinion, and was the basis for this topic.

I am left scratching my head in curiosity of how a technical topic regarding all models of Spyders was moved from General to being off topic. Apparently correct tire pressure in any Spyder is off topic, but whatever.

Spyder Garage

I don't generally get into discussions concerning arguments posted.

Two things stand out in your post above.

The tyre pressure thread remains in the General Spyder discussion. It was not moved...just closed.

Your "new" discussion of the subject was placed in off topic because it does not contain any information about tire pressures...just criticism of how you believe the mods handled the situation.

I hope this answers your questions so that you can stop scratching your head.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

At my request, please close this topic, or better still archive it. There is no good to come from it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    At my request, please close this topic, or better still archive it. There is no good to come from it.
    At the request of the OP, this thread is closed.

2020 F3L , Magma Red