Spyder Garage

Default key cylinders for side covers

I bought a RT at the end of june & when I got home I noticed a bag with 3 cylinders in it. Sure enough they were for the bags and trunk if it came with one. I took it back to the dealer & the service manager is new & never came across this before. She wants me to drop it off tuesday and pic it up thursday. But she's not sure how to solve the problem.
    What I'm wondering is if anyone knows how put cylinders in the bags or do you need a cylinder key? I realy dont see a reason to leave it there if they dont have a salution, & a inconvienence for me. thanx guys

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My RT came with a extra cylinder but it was for a RT622 trailer if purchased. Never had 3.

Not sure which year RT you have? I am guessing the newer model 2020?

Does your manual state how to install the cylinders.?

Use to be stick the key in the cylinder then push into the hole of the latch and then turn the key.

Spyder Garage

If you want to you can help a new service manager learn her trade by telling her to call BRP directly and have then explain to her or send the tech instructions on just how to do the job. One of your ignition keys is the key they will use. All three cylinders should fit your ignition keys.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S