Spyder Garage

Default SO I need to buy maps.... Which??

maps so that Genius Maps works on my BRP Connect - When I just launched BRP Coneect I got a red greeting and a blue BUY symbol. So I need to buy the maps to continue using Genius Maps on BRP Connect? I read the posts comparing Sygic and Genius and there seems to be a favor toward Genius. I can't afford both... thanks
    Jim

Ryde, eat, sleep.... repeat

2019 Spyder RT Limited Pearl White/Dark
    LaMonster drink holder with X-Grip
    LaMonster Belt Dampener
    Lamonster USB cable with extension

Variously called Stormtrooper, Pearl, and Goober by wife and various (friends?)

Spyder Garage

I can tell you that one of the BRP-C map apps, Rever, doesn't work. I have a paid Rever Pro subscription. (They often are offering it for $20 a year). It works just fine on my iphone, but there is virtually zero functionality on BRP-C. I ended up doing what I've done with my previous bikes - used a RAM X-grip mounted to the left handlebar and use Rever on my iPhone mounted in the X-Grip. I've never had a phone fly off a bike. If I need to charge the phone while riding, I run a USB cable from the dashboard compartment USB power outlet, to the phone. (No, it doesn't look "clean", but it gets the job done.). I've used other mapping programs, like MyRouteApp which is good, but getting expensive. Sygic is "OK" only. I like Rever because the paid version has a weather overlay so I can look at radar ahead, just like an airplane pilot Speaking of weather, the BRP-C Accuweather app is also pretty useless (no radar). And BRP-C fought with my Sena Bluetooth helmet speakers to play tunes. BRP-C also "takes over" the phone. When using BRP-C, the phone has a blank screen with just an image of a USB connection. Couldn't use any other apps unless I disconnected the cable. Enough! I eventually removed the BRP-C app from the phone and now the only thing I use from BRP-C is that powered USB outlet in the dashboard. Too much information?
    2019 Can Am F3 Limited

Spyder Upgrades/mods:
    F4 Windscreen,
    Ultimate seat and Driver's backrest,
    Lamonster Fog lights,
    Lamonster Brake Rod kit,
    CanAm Short Reach Handlebar

Other Current Bike: 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Past Bikes:
    2018 BMW C650CT
    2013 BMW C650GT
    2011 Honda SH150i
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue Metallic

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I always recommend you get one of my TackForm Logo.jpegTackForm phone mounts and use your phone
    as your GPS it is always with you and it works great and you don't need to buy maps
    I have traveled all over north and most of south America using my phone as a GPS
    Can AM Spyder mount.jpg
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO.jpg